Device won't connect to WIFI router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-29 09:14:43 - last edited 2021-09-09 13:46:37
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: unknown

Device not listed AC1200 Dual band...Model RB305

WIFI Device is an Apple Airport Extreme dual band.  It does NOT have a WPS button.  

Using the App was very difficult, initially did not recognize a strong password, it took multiple attempts to get that part to work.  Recognized the device, recognized the WIFI network.  Ensured that the WIFI password was correct.  The device will not connect to WIFI, multiple attempts, many hours wasted.

Very disappointed in product. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Device won't connect to WIFI router-Solution
2021-08-30 20:48:11 - last edited 2021-09-09 13:46:37

@Phil_S 

Not sure what changed however when I engaged Tether this evening, it connected at 2.4 ghz.  Relocated the device and it appers to be working.  

Didn't need to update firmware and nothing else changed.  Very strange.  We'll see how this works when I connect to the corporat VPN tomorrow.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Device won't connect to WIFI router
2021-08-30 06:01:34

@Phil_S Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback, it is recommended to confirm RE305 is on the latest firmware (select hardware version first to download corresponding firmware)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re305/

May I know how about the LED status on the range extender after the set-up? 

Here is a guide to troubleshoot RE installation step by step, kindly give it a try and let us know if it works for you,
Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/198516

Options
Re:Device won't connect to WIFI router-Solution
2021-08-30 20:48:11 - last edited 2021-09-09 13:46:37

@Phil_S 

Not sure what changed however when I engaged Tether this evening, it connected at 2.4 ghz.  Relocated the device and it appers to be working.  

Didn't need to update firmware and nothing else changed.  Very strange.  We'll see how this works when I connect to the corporat VPN tomorrow.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Device won't connect to WIFI router
2021-08-31 07:35:23

@Phil_S Glad to hear that the range extender is now connected, thank you reporting back, feel free to let us know for anything new.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 890

Replies: 3

Related Articles