Archer AX1500 WAN port found no RETRY to re-connect to Internet once it found ISP is poor network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX1500 WAN port found no RETRY to re-connect to Internet once it found ISP is poor network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-15 19:45:15
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20210421 Rel. 64516(5553)

I tried to replace my old Archer C5 wireless router with a new AX1500 router, but found the AX1500 router not reliable to do so due to it always found the WAN network has problem (actually no problem in ISP side) and show the status "poor network" with orange led on and all internet connections from LAN side blocked (very troublesome)

Unfortunately I found the AX1500 router do not RETRY to re-connect to the Internet or test the WAN connection again to resume the connection, it just stuck there until I manually reboot the router or release and renew the WAN ip address.

My old TP Link Archer C5 router never have such problem, it always see the WAN internet status connected.

Please help

1) any way to make the AX1500 router always INSTANTLY retry to re-connect or test the Internet WAN if it must check the WAN link status?

2) any way to disable AX1500 router checking the WAN connectivity status, and only do the sendthe receive data operations once it get the IP address?

Many Many Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX1500 WAN port found no RETRY to re-connect to Internet once it found ISP is poor network
2021-07-16 06:57:29

@NFL 

Can we know who is your ISP? What kind of connection type on the AX1500, Dynamic IP or PPPoE?

We would like to follow up the case via email, please send us the whole system log on the router, do include that before and after the reconnection, but DON'T reboot the router, you can release and renew the WAN i address to recover the connection.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 760

Replies: 1

Related Articles