Intermittent orange internet light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-02 07:44:29
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Throughout the week, I encounter an intermittent orange internet light where I can't go on any websites on any of my devices. To resolve the issue, I have to unplug and plug back the Ethernet jack from the wall to which it turns back blue.  I am currently using this router in a college setting where they have to approve my Ethernet Port and register the router's MAC address.This same issue happened in a different building at the school. Is there any setting I should check? My school's IT department does not show anything wrong on their end as my MAC address for my router is already registered correctly. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Intermittent orange internet light
2021-03-02 13:34:22

@jsa529 

That generally means that the internet is dropping. Since you are in a school setting, are others having the same issue?

One thing I would try is replacing the Ethernet cable to the router with a good quality Cat 6 or better cable.

Also be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the router and you have a lot of air space around the router. 

If you have any USB devices attached to the router, try without them as if they draw to much power, it can affect the router's performance. In that case you may need a powered USB hub. 

Options
Re:Intermittent orange internet light
2021-03-02 22:28:45

@jsa529 

I would try switching DNS servers. Maybe the router is pointing to your schools and it gets wonky. 

Log in to the router and go to Advanced > Network > Internet > Click Advanced in the middle, select "Use the following DNS...".

Set the following:

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2043

Replies: 2

Related Articles