No toggle to turn of QoS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No toggle to turn of QoS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No toggle to turn of QoS
No toggle to turn of QoS
2021-01-05 02:35:04
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20190411 rel.52981(5553)

I have 1 gigabit service through my ISP and with a laptop connected directly to the modem I get downloads in the 900's Mbps.  When I utilize my router whether wired through a port or wireless my downloads won't exceed 95 Mbps.  My link speed shows 1 Gbps on the ethernet connection and in the 800's via wireless.  Also, I can not find a toggle to disable QoS in the TP-Link router interface although the manual describes one.  Any help solving my download speed issue is much appreciated.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:No toggle to turn of QoS
2021-01-05 17:15:16

@JakesPad 

You are not able to turn off QoS, but you can try setting it to Standard to see if that helps. Other recommendations would be to disable any device priorities that were configured, and also disabling the HomeCare features to see if speed still say below 100 Mbps. Even though the computer shows a link speed of 1 Gbps, try testing with other devices, and also swapping Ethernet cables.

Options
Re:No toggle to turn off QoS
2021-01-06 17:22:32

@Tony 

I have QoS setting at standard.  I don't have any device priorities set.  No parental controls are set.  I've turned off the trend micro antivirus options.  I am still getting speeds of less than 100 Mbps through the router regardless of device, wired or wireless.  When I plug directly into the modem using the same cables I get ~ 900 Mbps.  

Options
Re:No toggle to turn of QoS
2021-01-07 23:42:30

@JakesPad 

I would reach out to our support team to see if they may have a beta firmware to try or if the device may have malfunctioned.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 3

Related Articles