MR6400 Dropping connection all the time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-05 00:51:13
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.16.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 191223 Rel.66638n

My internet always seems to be dropping minimum 5 times a day - sometimes there will be hours where it is just going on and off every two minutes. Sometimes it will start when I shut my laptop down and start using my phone.

I seem to remember one of my devices was saying there was an IP conflict (which doesn't surprise me). My network is pretty strange - my 4g router is in a box in the middle of a field of cows with a mains cable running up there and using powerline to deal with the signal. As you can tell I am somewhere really remote and signal isn't the best.

• External antenna with SMA connectors.
  • TP Link MR6400
  • Devolo magic powerline 
  • 150 metres of cable to the other powerline
  • Asus router configured as access point connected to powerline by ethernet.
  • I have phones, laptops, printers and 

About 90% of the time i can just turn the power on and off at the switch panel and it comes back on. If I'm too lazy to do that i can log into the router on IP and reboot it through the interface, although another 10 percent of the time, I can't even log in to the control interface and power cycling doesn't work - powerline interface works fine so its not the powerline.

I am considering getting another router as this really is becoming a pain in the backside

Options
1 Reply
Re:MR6400 Dropping connection all the time
2021-01-05 16:50:28

@mukinabaht 

Have you tried statically assigning all the devices away from the DHCP pool?

When facing the connection issues has the AP and powerline devices been bypassed whether walking near the MR6400 or connecting an Ethernet cable to the router to see if that may work? Or disconnecting the powerline cable that goes to the MR6400 to see if the router starts responding?

Another thing I would recommend is reaching out to your local TP-Link support team to see if there may be available firmware that may help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 574

Replies: 1

Related Articles