Archer Ax50 Ax3000 - Wifi very inconsistent, Ping varies dramactically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-10 16:02:43
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Up to date

I purchased this to resolve the issues I was having with a netgear nighthawk.   The initial 2 months was fantastic, conisitent on both 2.4 and 5 bands - speed consistently 70 - 110 MBps DL.  The last 2 weeks have been a nightmare where it drops to almost nothing, 5 Mpbs, and the ping jumps up and down like crazy.

This makes watching any videos via Apple TV, iPads, etc impossible.

We have 10-15 wireless devices

The wired devices to the router seem to be suffering the same degradation.

The direct speed from the Cable Modem is 100+  Mbps,  no issues there.

I have looked at various settings and cannot find a remedy.  Reboots, factory resets, are no help - Please provide some help

BS

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer Ax50 Ax3000 - Wifi very inconsistent, Ping varies dramactically
2020-12-10 23:34:31

@BigSteve 

If your wired connections are also affected, I would definitely start at the modem, especially how you seen this with the nighthawk.

Look at the system logs of the modem, not the TP-Link router, and look for any critical 3 or 4 errors. If you do, follow up with your ISP and point those out, as it pertains to your internet signal not being good which affects performance and connection.

If the modem checks out, swap the Ethernet cable, even if it is the one that came with the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 619

Replies: 1

Related Articles