Gigabit Network throughput

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-15 04:13:57
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I recently upgraded my internet service to gigabit speed. However my Archer C3150 v2 router does not show above 650 mbps when performing the built in speed test. When I perform the speed test from the Verizon router, it shows the proper 980 mbps. I have plugged the ethernet connection directly into my router with no chnage in speed from my router. Are there any configuration changes and/or tests that I can run that will show why I am getting such limited bandwidth from a gigabit router? Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Gigabit Network throughput
2020-04-15 16:19:19

@cdfdfireman 

Remove the TP-Link router and wire your computer using the same Ethernet cable that originally connected to the TP-Link, test to see if those speeds are good. Now swap the Ethernet cable with the one you used to connect to the TP-Link router to make sure that cable checks out.

Connect everything back, now log into the router and try disabling bandwidth control, and parental controls, and save. Now try the speed test while wired to the router. Wireless speeds are always subject to a variety of variables but wired should get you close, not exact what you get directly connected to the modem, but may 800 to a gig.

Options