Slow LAN speeds on PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow LAN speeds on PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow LAN speeds on PC
Slow LAN speeds on PC
2020-02-18 03:11:58
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 181213 Rel.33336n(5553)

I have a 100mbps (12.5MBps) connection from my ISP. When I use this connection directly on my PC I do get the full bandwidth as advertised. Now I just bought a new router (Archer C20 AC750 ver.5) and after setting it up in quick set up, I got it working flawlessly - or I thought I did. My WiFi speeds are as expected - I get the full 100mbps even from the next room, which is really nice. Problem is, my ethernet speed has decreased dramatically. I get 10-20mbps down and around 2-3mbps up, and the latency is really high. It's quite clear the router is throttling my ethernet speeds, but I wanted to confirm this so I connected the ethernet cable to my laptop and got the same result.

I have seen other people have the same issue before on this forum, and the solution seems to be disabling the NAT feature on the router's online settings page. Problem is, I can't seem to find that setting anywhere. Here's a screenshot of the page for better understanding https://imgur.com/a/OVQvRYG

Options
5 Reply
Re:Slow LAN speeds on PC
2020-02-19 13:14:45
I have a different router so my interface may be different. Sign on to the router and in advance setting is NAT Boost. One other thing to try is to change the Ethernet cable between the router and the PC. Be sure it is of good quality. One poster reported that the cable that came with the router caused his issue. Also try a different port. Power cycle the modem, router and PC.
Options
2020-02-21 18:03:46

@HyruleanKnight 

This router looks to not have the NAT Boost option that can be disabled.

Have you checked the Bandwidth Control to make sure it is unchecked or disabled?

Was the router already factory defaulted and tested without doing any set ups, leaving the settings defaulted?

Options
2020-02-23 17:16:49 - last edited 2020-02-23 17:17:46

@Tony What do you mean it does not have NAT boost? Does this mean I have to live with this throttled network?

I have not tampered with any of the other settings. Bandwidth control is disabled. I bought the device brand new, so I don't think you should be questioning if it was in factory default settings. No one tested it, I got it out of the box, connected it to my pc and only went through the quick setup.

Options
2020-06-25 08:04:03

@HyruleanKnight @Tony ..has this problem been resolved. I am facing the same problem. Bought the c20 AC 750 a month back. And since week 2 facing the same issue. Speed of my ISP direct on to my PC is 60 mbps+, however the same drops to 0.7- 2 Mbps on WiFi...need help asap pls

Options
2020-06-25 13:44:29

@Dp12 

The original post was about Ethernet wired speed, not wireless that was working fine.

Since your problem is wireless, and I'll assume you replaced a router that provided Wifi for you, the problem may be on the device end. It 'remembered' the old router, especially if you used the same userID and Password to connect. In any case, if you go to the device and FORGET the network and reconnect, it should resolve the problem.

Other possibility if the above is not the case or doesn't fix it, is interference. You might be broadcasting the SSID on a crowded channel by router default. Changing that in the wireless setting to another channel might be needed.

If you are running a windows machine on the wireless network, a program like Acrylic can show you signal levels and channel usage from routers near you and what is the best channel for you to use.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3316

Replies: 5

Related Articles