Archer C5400v2 ignoring TCP PSH flags?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-15 07:08:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20170912 rel.56240(5553)
Hardware Version: ArcherC5400 v2.0

I run a Siacoin miner program called Marlin on my PC when it is not in use. Up until recently it ran just fine with no issues. However, I replaced my old Archer C5400 v1 router with Archer C5400 v2 and Marlin stopped working because it is no longer able to connect to the mining pool. I know for sure that the new router is the problem because:
1. Connecting my PC to the old C5400v1 router restores the functionality
2. Connecting my PC directly to the cable modem also restores full functionality
3. Finally, I also used an old Asus RT-N16 router to test things out and Marlin was able to connect with no issues

My PC connects to the router over a wireless AC connection. The issue, however, is not limited to wireless. I tried connecting via Ethernet as well and I still faced the same problem.
I tried disabling NAT boost, but that also did nothing.

This is a Wireshark trace of a successful connection when running Marlin through Archer C5400v1:

This is what happens when I run Marlin through Archer V5400v2

If you put those traces side by side, you'll see that the first 5 steps/packets are the same. But step/packet number 6 is an ACK when running with Archer C5400v1.
With Archer C5400v2 that same step is a re-transmission of the two previous packets combined (note that the length is 199, which is 63+136, or the sizes of the two previous packets).
So, it looks like the packets were never sent out to the target server because the total size was less than the buffer size and the PSH flag was ignored? Or is the router ignoring the ACK that is sent back?

Is there a bug in the C5400v2 firmware that somehow ignores PSH flags? Or do I have some obvious misconfiguration in my router?

If someone wants to replicate the issue, you can download Marlin here: https://siamine.com/marlin
If you're on Windows you can just extract the ZIP file and run marlin.bat. You will need a machine that has an Nvidia GPU in it.
This is what the error looks like when I run it on my machine when connected via C5400v2:

I would greatly appreciate if someone could either confirm that this is a bug or let me know if my router is misconfigured somehow.

Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C5400v2 ignoring TCP PSH flags?
2017-10-15 22:59:40
OK, figured out what the issue was.
I had to disable Trend Micro under Security->Antivirus. It was blocking connections "thinking" I had malware running.
Options