ER8411 after update to 1.20 problems with wireguard.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-31 12:11:34
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20

Hello guys,

after update to 1.20 on a ER8411 in a hotel, site-to-site wireguard is working, but client connect does not work anymore.

if we try 100 times to connect through wg app on windows, could happen, it is working again. I think, its not meant to be the new feature...

thanks for any advise!

Options
5 Reply
Re:ER8411 after update to 1.20 problems with wireguard.
2023-12-31 12:59:29 - last edited 2023-12-31 13:00:20

@kogan 

My ER8411 work with wireguard client from windows computer

I have alo a wireguard site to site between ER8411 and a Unifi UXG and this work to..

have you done any change on the config? new ip or somthing on router?

Options
2023-12-31 13:01:02 - last edited 2023-12-31 13:02:53

@MR.S 

nope, nothing changed - but firmware 1.20.

As I described, sometimes very rarely, it starts to work. But only for short.

Problem exists on clients only, not for site-to-site tunnels

Options
2023-12-31 13:18:10

@kogan 

Ok then I don't know, but very often strange things happen when tp-link upgrades the routers, I upgraded two ER707-M2 now and both sites went offline and I had to downgrade. after a lot of work and testing, I found out that I had to delete both server and client config for OpenVPN, then I was upgraded and the site did not go offline.

so there is always something with TP-Link routers. that's what makes it so exciting to work with, but you never know when a network goes down and you have hours and days of work smiley

You can of course try to contact support but do not have expectations that they can help, but try..

Options
2024-01-02 02:20:20

Hi @MR.S 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Luckily I got two models that arrived yesterday. ER8411 and ER707-M2.

I'll do some tests to replicate what you said this week. (Also I gotta find time to do the OVPN issue you said last week. Rebuild the PiVPN server without a password.)

@kogan Just a simple Client to Site WG with a WindowsOS PC? I'll be testing this as well. Last firmware I did, results were pretty good and never got an issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-01-02 05:50:51

@Clive_A 

It's in the wrong thread, but I'm commenting on what you write

a small comment regarding the ER707-M2. I had two OpenVPN servers configured, one with split and one without.
there was also some openvpn client configured. the strange thing was that all the Openvpn services were disabled but nevertheless the whole network crashed. all devices lost internet. so everything was dead. after hour with testing i figure out that when I deleted openvpn server and client everything worked.

afterwards I tested and created the server and client again and then it worked.

remember I adopted via WAN with no local controller

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 5

Related Articles