Issues with 5.4.7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues with 5.4.7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Issues with 5.4.7
Issues with 5.4.7
2022-08-26 15:08:45
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.4.7

FYI: I recently upgraded to 5.4.7, and I am having a few issues requiring a downgrade. First, it is no longer showing that I have a TL-R605 gateway. And also, I believe the AI optimization is causing several of my smart home wireless devices to drop the connection. 

Options
9 Reply
Re:Issues with 5.4.7
2022-08-28 15:11:10

@beaudknows 

AI WLAN optimisation is off by default, when enabled only runs on a schedule.  I cant forsee this being the issue if honest, did you enable it?  If so was the timing consistant with the disconnections?

Also any more info you can give on your ER-605 disconnecting / not appearing would be helpful.  I have a 605 and run 5.4.7 on a number of sites, not experienced this.   What firmware is your router at present and what version?

Options
2022-08-30 06:19:37

@beaudknows 

Are you still able to use the ER605 to get Internet?

What is the IP address of ER605 and the OC200? Are they in the same subnet?

You may try connect the OC200 to the ER605 LAN port directly, or reset the ER605, and monitor will it make any difference. In my experience if the OC200 cannot find the router, that means the OC200 disconnected from the router network, or the router is still under rebooting.

Options
2022-09-03 15:00:46

@beaudknows 

I was able to fix the issue with Kasa HS220 dimmers not connecting by running the AI WLAN Optimization and then resetting the WiFi configuration on the devices. By the way 11 out of the 20 dimmers were not connecting. 

Here are some screenshots of the issue with the dashboard not detecting my router. On my iPhone app, it looks fine. 

1) Screenshot showing "No Gateway Utilization"

2) Screenshot showing the TL-R605 is connected and working

Options
2022-09-03 15:28:16

@beaudknows 

Hey

Simple one this, no gateway utilisation isnt a fault, it simply needs set for your WAN speed in the v5.4.x onwards.. 

To do this just expand the top bar to full size (down arrow right side of bar) and edit the speeds for your WAN.  This will then update as required

Options
2022-09-03 15:35:59 - last edited 2022-09-03 15:42:39

@beaudknows 

PS..

I was able to fix the issue with Kasa HS220 dimmers not connecting by running the AI WLAN Optimization and then resetting the WiFi configuration on the devices. By the way 11 out of the 20 dimmers were not connecting. 

This to me sounds like the saturation of the 2.4ghz frequency.    Kasa Dimmers, Plugs, Bulbs etc are all 2.4ghz and this is a VERY congested frequency and this can cause issues with connecting devices, likely when you ran the AI Optimiser it changed the channel and this sorted the issue.  

However this might happen again if your neighbours switch to that channel.

Also 20 devices is a lot for 2.4ghz to handle, I would recommend you enable the setting     AirTime Fairness   on the 2.4ghz (only 2.4) via your controller, this should help you massively as these devices are very low data but a lot of them which will flood the airspace.   Airtime fairness is a better way of controlling the access for IOT devices such as these, you will find it better overall, basically capacity over speed..

Options
2022-09-03 17:43:17

@Philbert That fixed it. As a suggestion TP-Link might want to put some prompts are something to tell users to complete that section. 

Options
2022-09-04 14:57:01

@beaudknows 

No worries, glad it was a quick fix for you :)

Fae had posted the screenie below after 5.4.6 released mentioning the change.   I didnt see it in the patch notes however

----------------------

Options
2022-09-12 15:20:23

@beaudknows 

What's the rationale behind this change? Why doesnt it always get up to date information on up- and downloadspeeds from the recurring speedtest?

I know from my network that I have a more performant connection during the evenings than during the day. In the past, this was reflected everytime a speedtest was run. By setting this values "fixed", there is no easy way anymore to see how much load is on my WAN port.

Options
2022-09-12 19:22:02

@BartGabriels 

I am lead to believe its a temporary change, it will revert back to self detecting in a later controller update.  

The reasoning was address the ridiculously low speeds it was detecting by allowing you to set manually, once the issue with the speedtest has been corrected it will be reverted back.

Options