Vigi wifi camera keeps disconnecting from wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: VIGI C440-W  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

My Vigi c440-W camera keeps disconnecting from wifi at night when the room light is switched off.

I have tried disabling the color night mode as well. It works fine throughout the day.

The router that i use is a mesh system with deco X20 as the main router and 4 deco M4 units as satellite nodes. My network is setup in router mode. 
The nvr that I use is a Vigi 16 channel NVR with 9 channels in use including this camera.

Any suggestions or anyone who faced similar problems?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Vigi wifi camera keeps disconnecting from wifi

Hi @adityaash 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Consider the positioning of the WIFI or the camera.

It loses the WIFI so you need to reposition them to see if there are any improvements.

Don't really have too many ideas for this if it's a bad WIFI connection.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Hi, Thanks for your response. To me it looks more like some issue with power. The router and the camera are within 3-4 metres of each other and my mesh system is strong enough for a range much more than that. Further i tried turning on IR mode during the day time and it again restarted and lost wifi connection. Even in the dark when its colour mode is on (by which i mean the warm white LED on the camera) it works fine, but as soon as it switches back to IR it does the same thing. Is there a more powerful adapter for situations like this? I was provided with a 9V power supply in the box.

Options
a week ago

Hi @adityaash 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

adityaash wrote

Hi, Thanks for your response. To me it looks more like some issue with power. The router and the camera are within 3-4 metres of each other and my mesh system is strong enough for a range much more than that. Further i tried turning on IR mode during the day time and it again restarted and lost wifi connection. Even in the dark when its colour mode is on (by which i mean the warm white LED on the camera) it works fine, but as soon as it switches back to IR it does the same thing. Is there a more powerful adapter for situations like this? I was provided with a 9V power supply in the box.

Restart? Reboot?

That's not a normal sign if you say if you turn on a feature and it reboots.

You should still consider the power regardless of the quality cable you have. Replace and use a 1-meter one for testing purpose.

It is supposed to be 12V. Why do you have a 9V? Which is totally off the spec.

The package does not come with an adapter. The power issue is caused by a non-suitable power adapter.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
a week ago
Thank you for your help
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 73

Replies: 4

Related Articles