Upgrading Omada Controller, app unable to detect existing Omada instance on server

Upgrading Omada Controller, app unable to detect existing Omada instance on server

Yesterday - last edited Yesterday
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.14.20.9

I got handed an existing Omada controller built by a previous admin.

It's stable and reliable.

From the UI, I now see newer version and would like to upgrade.

Running the app from my account, the installer is unable to detect the existing Omada instance and proceeds to install another instance instead of upgrading.

Can someone point me to what folders to look for so I can login to the account that installed the controller instance?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Upgrading Omada Controller, app unable to detect existing Omada instance on server-Solution

Hi  @snoop-snoop 

This is because you are not the master admin account of the controller.

To upgrade it with your account, you need to contact the previous admin to transfer the master admin to your account. 

Below are the steps:

For Omada controllers, there is only one master administrator who has access to all features. The account who first launches the controller will be the master administrator. To change the master administrator account, please refer the following steps:
    1) Log in the controller using the mater administrator account;
    2) Choose Global View, go to Account > User, click the Edit button after the master administrator account, then you will need to input the password. After that, you will see a button Permission Transfer, click it, and Select new main administrator, click Apply. In this step, we can only choose an existing management account of the controller, if the new adamin account is not one, you need to invite it as a user of this controller first.
    3) Login the controller with the new account, you will see it became the new master admin account of the the controller.
Note: This operation will transfer the Main Administrator permissions of the current account to the new account, and the current account will be downgraded as Cloud Administrator.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Upgrading Omada Controller, app unable to detect existing Omada instance on server-Solution

Hi  @snoop-snoop 

This is because you are not the master admin account of the controller.

To upgrade it with your account, you need to contact the previous admin to transfer the master admin to your account. 

Below are the steps:

For Omada controllers, there is only one master administrator who has access to all features. The account who first launches the controller will be the master administrator. To change the master administrator account, please refer the following steps:
    1) Log in the controller using the mater administrator account;
    2) Choose Global View, go to Account > User, click the Edit button after the master administrator account, then you will need to input the password. After that, you will see a button Permission Transfer, click it, and Select new main administrator, click Apply. In this step, we can only choose an existing management account of the controller, if the new adamin account is not one, you need to invite it as a user of this controller first.
    3) Login the controller with the new account, you will see it became the new master admin account of the the controller.
Note: This operation will transfer the Main Administrator permissions of the current account to the new account, and the current account will be downgraded as Cloud Administrator.

Recommended Solution
Options