Switch blocking port fowarding

2024-09-04 23:00:15 - last edited 2024-09-04 23:03:02
Model: TL-SG1008D  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a setup as the following: Device > switch > modem. After adding the switch, I can no longer use port forwarding on my router on it, it just times out outside LAN. How do I fix this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switch blocking port fowarding
2024-09-05 01:14:30

Hi @llama-for3ver 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

llama-for3ver wrote

I have a setup as the following: Device > switch > modem. After adding the switch, I can no longer use port forwarding on my router on it, it just times out outside LAN. How do I fix this?

Switch is a layer 2-based device and it should not have any involvement in layer 3 IP and layer 4 port.

You should really examine the port forwarding rules and server with the guide from your modem vendor. Or try out the basic troubleshooting guide on our forum on the router page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 111

Replies: 1

Related Articles