TL-SG3428X V1 problem can't be accessed from outside via a browser after updating to latest firmware

TL-SG3428X V1 problem can't be accessed from outside via a browser after updating to latest firmware

2024-08-23 18:06:19 - last edited 2024-08-28 01:13:37
Model: TL-SG3428X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.30.1 Build 20240807 Rel.61366

Greetings.

I have a Switch TL-SG3428X(UN) V1 which had firmware (1.0.12 Build 20230602 Rel.76586) on it.

Today I updated it to the latest firmware for model Omada SG3428X V1.30 (firmware 1.30.1 Build 20240807 Rel.61366) that was released today and the update went smoothly and without any problems.

I immediately noticed the problem that I cannot access the device from the outside and from another device via a browser.

So I access as usual by typing ( https://my static IP address:port 43xxx) in the browser.

I also reset the device to factory settings and reconfigured it, but I still can't access the device from the outside!

With the old firmware, I was able to access the device from the outside without any problems.

Any idea what the problem could be?

TRUST NO ONE, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-SG3428X V1 problem can't be accessed from outside via a browser after updating to latest firmware-Solution
2024-08-27 08:56:33 - last edited 2024-08-28 01:13:37

Hi @zexoni70 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

zexoni70 wrote

Dear @Clive_A 

I correctly entered the HTTPS port in the settings on TL-SG3428X, and configured and forwarded the same port to the Archer AX73...

After all, why don't you believe me because every time I enter the same port number in the HTTPS settings and I always enter the same port number in every firmware I install in the Switch.

As I told you, if your technicians are able to try to install the latest firmware (1.30.1 Build 20240807 Rel.61366) on the TL-SG3428X V1 and they will see that the problem over HTTPS and external access definitely exists only on the latest firmware ...

Best regards!

Please excuse me that I am a person who has to make sure I fully get you before my next move. I gotta make sure the situation is clear to me. Instead of being perfunctory.

I consulted this with the team and they have noticed your test results.

Now, there are two temporary solutions provided:

Revert to the previous firmware and wait for the next release which fixes this issue.

Or you can upgrade to this 1.30.1, then you log in via https://ip and change the port manually(https://ip:port, this port). Apply and save it. Then repeat the steps of port forwarding. Test it internally and externally. This should temporarily fix the issue with the WAN access.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:TL-SG3428X V1 problem can't be accessed from outside via a browser after updating to latest firmware
2024-08-26 01:11:56

Hi @zexoni70 

You've port forwarded it? So, it sounds like you are doing this over the Internet. Correct?

Have you checked the browser and other settings to make sure they are still proper before this issue is raised?

Internally, will you be able to access it via HTTPS with the port specified?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:TL-SG3428X V1 problem can't be accessed from outside via a browser after updating to latest firmware
2024-08-26 14:57:33

Dear @Clive_A 

Yes, I am trying to access the Switch TL-SG3428X remotely from the Internet via a browser.

Yes, all ports are forwarded and configured on my Archer AX73 V2 router, behind which is the TL-SG3428X. I'm saying that there were no problems with all previous firmwares and I accessed the Switch remotely, but only now there is a problem with this latest firmware (1.30.1 Build 20240807 Rel.61366)

Internally (on my home network) I can access the Switch normally over HTTPS with whatever firmware was installed.

But the only problem with this latest firmware (1.30.1 Build 20240807 Rel.61366) is when I try to access it remotely from another computer located at a different IP address.

Here and in the attachment is a picture with the previous firmware 1.30.0 Build 20231019 Rel.60485 where I can access the Switch remotely via the browser.

Options
2024-08-27 01:29:24

Hi @zexoni70 

zexoni70 wrote

Dear @Clive_A 

Yes, I am trying to access the Switch TL-SG3428X remotely from the Internet via a browser.

Yes, all ports are forwarded and configured on my Archer AX73 V2 router, behind which is the TL-SG3428X. I'm saying that there were no problems with all previous firmwares and I accessed the Switch remotely, but only now there is a problem with this latest firmware (1.30.1 Build 20240807 Rel.61366)

Internally (on my home network) I can access the Switch normally over HTTPS with whatever firmware was installed.

But the only problem with this latest firmware (1.30.1 Build 20240807 Rel.61366) is when I try to access it remotely from another computer located at a different IP address.

Here and in the attachment is a picture with the previous firmware 1.30.0 Build 20231019 Rel.60485 where I can access the Switch remotely via the browser.

I mean on the problematic firmware, you internally access the server, will it work properly? Can you check the TLS when you log into it internally?

Settings of the browser, I mean the TLS you've enabled for the browser. Is 1.2 enabled for it?

The firmware upgrade might change the TLS version.

What would be the error message you see when accessing the page from outside?

Options
2024-08-27 05:27:41 - last edited 2024-08-27 05:29:05

Dear  @Clive_A 

It is interesting that when I access the problematic firmware internally, I can access it only if I type https://192.168.0.100 in the browser and that without typing the HTTPS port number, because if I type (https://192.168.0.100:42431 for example), then I cannot to access internal...

Yes, I use Firefox and the latest version and TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.3 are also enabled (image attached)

As I told you, on my Switch TL-SG3428X V1, it is only problematic when this instaled latest firmware (1.30.1 Build 20240807 Rel.61366), and only with it I cannot access the device externally from any browser or computer (also image bundled with Microsoft Edge).

I believe that your technicians will try my statements and see that there is definitely a problem.

Now maybe the problem is just that because the my Switch device I own is originally a JetStream TL-SG3428X V1 model and simply maybe this latest firmware is not adapted for it and is written for Switches from the newer generation Omada SG3428X .

Best regards!

Options
2024-08-27 05:38:08

Hi @zexoni70 

zexoni70 wrote

Dear  @Clive_A 

It is interesting that when I access the problematic firmware internally, I can access it only if I type https://192.168.0.100 in the browser and that without typing the HTTPS port number, because if I type (https://192.168.0.100:42431 for example), then I cannot to access internal...

Yes, I use Firefox and the latest version and TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.3 are also enabled (image attached)

As I told you, on my Switch TL-SG3428X V1, it is only problematic when this instaled latest firmware (1.30.1 Build 20240807 Rel.61366), and only with it I cannot access the device externally from any browser or computer (also image bundled with Microsoft Edge).

I believe that your technicians will try my statements and see that there is definitely a problem.

Now maybe the problem is just that because the my Switch device I own is originally a JetStream TL-SG3428X V1 model and simply maybe this latest firmware is not adapted for it and is written for Switches from the newer generation Omada SG3428X .

Best regards!

If internally, you cannot access it with the port, then it should be a port issue.

If you don't add the port number, and it can be accessed by https://192.168.0.X, it means the port is default 443.

Recommend you check the port settings on both NAT and the switch.

Options
2024-08-27 06:14:36 - last edited 2024-08-27 06:27:16

Dear @Clive_A 

I correctly entered the HTTPS port in the settings on TL-SG3428X, and configured and forwarded the same port to the Archer AX73...

After all, why don't you believe me because every time I enter the same port number in the HTTPS settings and I always enter the same port number in every firmware I install in the Switch.

As I told you, if your technicians are able to try to install the latest firmware (1.30.1 Build 20240807 Rel.61366) on the TL-SG3428X V1 and they will see that the problem over HTTPS and external access definitely exists only on the latest firmware ...

Best regards!

Options
Re:TL-SG3428X V1 problem can't be accessed from outside via a browser after updating to latest firmware-Solution
2024-08-27 08:56:33 - last edited 2024-08-28 01:13:37

Hi @zexoni70 

zexoni70 wrote

Dear @Clive_A 

Best regards!

Please excuse me that I am a person who has to make sure I fully get you before my next move. I gotta make sure the situation is clear to me. Instead of being perfunctory.

I consulted this with the team and they have noticed your test results.

Now, there are two temporary solutions provided:

Revert to the previous firmware and wait for the next release which fixes this issue.

Or you can upgrade to this 1.30.1, then you log in via https://ip and change the port manually(https://ip:port, this port). Apply and save it. Then repeat the steps of port forwarding. Test it internally and externally. This should temporarily fix the issue with the WAN access.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-27 09:35:28 - last edited 2024-08-27 14:40:05

Dear @Clive_A  thank you for your understanding.

However, I will apply the first solution and go back to the previous firmware 1.30.0 Build 20231019 Rel.60485 on which the remote access works perfectly and wait for your team to solve the problem with the latest firmware.

And as for the second solution as you described, everything works fine, but after the first restart - rebooting the Switch, the same problem appears again (let your technicians try that too, and they will see that the problem is not eliminated that way)!

Best regards!

Options
2024-08-28 01:14:34

Hi @zexoni70 

zexoni70 wrote

Dear @Clive_A  thank you for your understanding.

However, I will apply the first solution and go back to the previous firmware 1.30.0 Build 20231019 Rel.60485 on which the remote access works perfectly and wait for your team to solve the problem with the latest firmware.

And as for the second solution as you described, everything works fine, but after the first restart - rebooting the Switch, the same problem appears again (let your technicians try that too, and they will see that the problem is not eliminated that way)!

Best regards!

The restart will break it. Noted.

Please wait for the future firmware releases as they are aware of this and working on the next release.

Options
2024-08-28 05:41:06 - last edited 2024-08-28 05:54:33

Dear @Clive_A , thanks.

I also noticed two more bugs, so I will tell you that your technicians know what they are about.

The first problem with the latest firmware is with the NTP servers for the correct time and the problem occurs again when the device is rebooted and then it simply won't update the correct time from the NTP server, but Google servers must be entered in the NTP fields and only then the device is updated at the correct time.

Another problem may have been noticed by your technician, which is that after the reboot of the device and when all the lights come on and the system is active, it takes at least 45 seconds to access the device locally.
Otherwise if an attempt is made to access the device before those 45 seconds pass then access is not possible for some reason.

Best regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 12

Related Articles