Problem with the computed data traffic (DPI) compared with Traffic per WAN and Starlink consumption

Problem with the computed data traffic (DPI) compared with Traffic per WAN and Starlink consumption

2024-07-25 14:40:41

Hello.

I have two Starlink Antennas and each one connected to an WAN port on my TL-ER7206. The problem is that when I check the traffic per day on the ''Application Analytics'' is very uncurrate of what I have on the Starlink webpage. But, when I access the option Performance and check the two WANs traffic per day, it's very approximatted for what I have on Starlink Webpage. Please check bellow:

Starlink panel:

= 27 GB on 07/24/24

DPI Panel

~15 GB on 07/24/24

Traffic of each WAN port :

= ~26 GB on 07/24/24

So, could someone help me to understand why on the DPI Panel I do not have acesss of all internet access requests?

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem with the computed data traffic (DPI) compared with Traffic per WAN and Starlink consumption
2024-07-26 11:03:11 - last edited 2024-07-26 11:03:23

@blindox 

Do you configure any static routing?Any static routing or configuring the gateway to be the Omada router LAN IP will NOT get your traffic monitored. Clients MUST be located in the VLAN interface from and of Omada router. Put it differently, which means you are getting a DHCP IP from the VLAN interface of the Omada router.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Problem with the computed data traffic (DPI) compared with Traffic per WAN and Starlink consumption
2024-07-28 13:43:26 - last edited 2024-07-28 13:44:50

@Hank21 

Hello! Firstly, thanks for your reply! I was unable to respond earlier because I was temporarily blocked from the forum after mistyping my password a few times. That's why it took me a while to get back to you.

I have no static routes configured:

I have those VLANs Interfaces configured:

If I understand correctly, you're saying that I wouldn't get traffic from devices in VLAN 1 (the same VLAN as the gateway), right?

Below, I have traffic from a device that is in VLAN 1.

and I also have the monitores traffic from devices from other VLANS (VLAN 40):

This is my Network map, where I have 8 EAP 670 connected in the SG2428P +  2 in the 3452P:

Thanks for the help!

Options
2024-07-29 07:13:32

@blindox 

DPI does not monitor all internet traffic; it just records data that is used in the app list.The definition of dpi is the control of app traffic, and the display interface specifies app traffic analysis rather than all traffic.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 3

Related Articles