Votes

VIGI features request

VIGI features request
VIGI features request
2024-06-18 23:05:12 - last edited 2024-06-19 01:43:33
Model: VIGI NVR1016H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 build 240411 rel 68081n

I have the NVR1016 with multiple cameras such as the c340 and c540. I am very happy with the system but a few enhancements could potentially make it even better. Here goes with a few suggestions:

1. Ability to zone cameras, for example cameras 1, 2 & 3 cover front of property zone and cameras 4, 5 & 6 cover rear zone

2. When one camera is triggered to alarm the other cameras go into alarm state too, for example camera 1 is triggered so all cameras in the same zone play alarm tone and flash led's. This would increase the disruption and increased attention an intruder would get.

3. Ability to speak through all cameras in the same zone to make an announcement.

4. Ability to create a trigger to 3rd party system via a software hook, for example an IFTT integration. This could allow the triggering of other devices such as security lights or access control. This could be bidirectional and allow other devices such as an intruder alarm to trigger audiable and light alarm on all cameras.

5. A 'panic button' on the yapp, allowing the user to trigger the alarm on all cameras simultaneously.

These are just a few requests that would fully integrate my camera setup with my security and home automation system.

Many thanks,

Mark

Options
3 Reply
Re:VIGI features request
2024-06-19 01:43:26

Hi @Moreshore

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. We have not considered this yet. It would increase the complexity of the system.

2. We are working on it.

3. We cannot avoid the latency in the transmission. This might lag and make it weird to sound. You know, on different cams, if they have overlapped area, the listener would hear the voice in two different soundtracks.

4. We have API now.

5. We will consider this suggestion.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-06-19 08:11:53

@Clive_A thanks for the speedy response and great to hear some of these are underway or will be considered. I understand about the sync issue.

Do you have some instructions on how I can utilise the API?

Many thanks,

Mark.

Options
2024-06-19 08:45:25

Hi @Moreshore 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Moreshore wrote

@Clive_A thanks for the speedy response and great to hear some of these are underway or will be considered. I understand about the sync issue.

Do you have some instructions on how I can utilise the API?

Many thanks,

Mark.

API is not open to non-business users, or home users. If you are a business user with many of our products, you may contact our local company and state your identity and the number of the products you own, they'll evaluate the identity and escalate to the engineer who knows about the API.

If this API is open to the public in the future, we will release related docs on the forum.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 145

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.