DNS Proxy suddunly not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-25 19:53:31
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

hey y'all! I've been having issues with my er605, since setup all DNS proxies were working properly until today it suddenly broke for unknown reason, I've used diagnostics tools like Wireshark to figure out the issue but all it returns is "server error" when inspecting the packets, DNS cache still works though, I've already reset my er605, switch DNS from Cloudflare to google, switch my DOT services from 1.1's to 8.8's, even tried DOH but still not working, I've setup my WAN connection as Static with using 8.8.8.8 (and yes I've changed it as well to 1.1.1.1 while doing diagnostics), I've also tried Dynamic WAN but none work's I'm currently running my network without DNS proxies and only using vanilla DNS services from google 8.8's, any insights on why would be awesome!

Options
3 Reply
Re:DNS Proxy suddunly not working
2024-02-26 01:20:32

Hi @Proxxy 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you ruled out that the port is blocked by your ISP?

Wireshark screenshot?

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-02-26 09:20:55 - last edited 2024-02-26 09:22:48

@Clive_A thanks for reaching out!  Attach here is a screenshot of Wireshark packet capture of DNS queries and the system status of my er605 for further analysis, a quick note, the packet captured by Wireshark is only from my PC for privacy purposes, but my entire home network is experiencing the same issues, I've also ruled out the port blocking since I've contacted my internet service provider regarding the same matter.

- I appreciate you help!

Options
2024-02-27 02:09:20

Hi @Proxxy 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Proxxy wrote

@Clive_A thanks for reaching out!  Attach here is a screenshot of Wireshark packet capture of DNS queries and the system status of my er605 for further analysis, a quick note, the packet captured by Wireshark is only from my PC for privacy purposes, but my entire home network is experiencing the same issues, I've also ruled out the port blocking since I've contacted my internet service provider regarding the same matter.

- I appreciate you help!

I DID ask you to leave some parts readable to me. So you mosaic all of them. There is nothing I can help.

Server response failure means that the server might be a problem. The request can go to the server. No response back. You cannot say it is a problem with the router firmware. It makes zero sense in logic.

Not to mention communication is bidirectional.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 3

Related Articles