TPMSG:(_tpmsg_send_s)tpserver get client 10 fail, sock 0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-08 11:42:59 - last edited 2022-12-29 07:54:59
Tags: #Firmware Update #BootUtil
Model: TL-SG3428XMP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I have a TL-SG3428XMP switch which suddenly stopped allowing login and all cameras connected to it stopped their feeds, although it was pinging.

I tried to reset it with a console cable, as i had a recent backup of the configuration and there were no changes. 

When I just reset it using option 2 in the BootUtil menu i was able to change the password post reboot but get the following error when i tried to reboot the switch.

"TPMSG:(_tpmsg_send_s)tpserver get client 10 fail, sock 0"

i reset it again and this time around i used option 4  Active Backup Image to use the backup image using Option 2

then the switch got reset and i was able to login to the GUI.

i subsequently upgraded the firmware to the latest version 1.0.8. and restored the config backup and we were back in business.

Hope this document will help anyone who gets this error. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:TPMSG:(_tpmsg_send_s)tpserver get client 10 fail, sock 0
2023-03-09 21:33:35

@RD1 

On my TL-SG3428X i got a similiar behavior .

But i cant Upgrade d. Firmware 

When i Upgrade d. Firmware from the Gui the Switch comes back online (Ping work and from the LED State there is some traffic)

But i cant access the Webinterface anymore 

Than i connected my consolecable to the switch and rebooted it , and with the console Connected i choose the reset function and nothing

With the Function 4 i´ll get back to default settings can access the gui but when i try to Update d. Firmware and boom same again

i also have the tpserver get client 10 fail,sock 0 message 

Options
Re:TPMSG:(_tpmsg_send_s)tpserver get client 10 fail, sock 0
2023-03-10 04:55:25 - last edited 2023-03-10 05:07:09

hello @h3llfire Have you tried updating the firmware through other means? e.g. upload from a tftp server.

please also confirm the "Access Level" of the user which has logged in is Admin.

Options