OpenVPN client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OpenVPN client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
OpenVPN client
OpenVPN client
2022-11-28 08:14:28

I'm trying to setup my router to use openVPN through one of my subscribed vpn services but I'm having issues (windscribe). I'll generate the config file, get a username/password, enter it all in. I ping the server address it gives me to get the ip, use that and the port I selected as the remote server. As far as I can tell everything is done correctly but when I check my IP its still the one my ips gave me and the omada controller shows there are no vpn sessions found. I am on the latest firmware for all devices as I heard this form of support was added in earlier this year in version 5.2 or 5.3. I also heard something about full tunnel not being supported but something about it at the end of this year? Any suggestions? My router is the ER7206. My goal is to have certain iot devices running through a vpn thats on the router level since running a vpn on those devices are fairly weak.

Options
2 Reply
Re:OpenVPN client
2022-11-30 05:22:11

@gokitty199 

Is the firmware version of your ER7206 the latest 1.2.3?

The latest firmware version has been adapted to controller 5.6, which already supports setting up the OpenVPN Client to enter username and passwords.

But full tunnel is not yet supported, if I remember correctly.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:OpenVPN client
2022-12-01 02:31:29

@Virgo Yes it is. I used the Certificate + Account option so I could give it credentials to login. I wonder if the reason is due to the lack of full tunnel support then?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 2

Related Articles