EAP225 Mesh - need hardware controller?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-18 01:34:49
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have two EAP225 outdoor units.  One is hard wired into my ethernet network and works fine on its own.  I want to install the 2nd unit in an out building as a wifi extender, so it will not be wired into the network.

I assume that means I need to run the two as a mesh network, is that correct?  Also, I downloaded the Omada Software Controller but it seems to do nothing.  When I run the .exe that was downloaded, it installs some items in a folder, but none of those items is an executable.  Do I need a hardware controller as well?  Or am I doing something wrong with the installation.

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225 Mesh - need hardware controller?
2021-12-18 18:12:02
No, you do not need HW controller. You can use software controller. Just install and run - it should open the web browser.
Options
Re:EAP225 Mesh - need hardware controller?
2021-12-18 20:21:30

@Libik Thanks.  Turns out it was an installation problem.  I installed the SW Controller, then installed Java, then rebooted.  It didn't like that.  Running the app (apparently a Java app), just threw up a weird error in the browser and would not go any further.  I unistalled the SW Controller and Java.  Then reinstalled Java first, then the SW Controller and all worked.  

-Dan

Libik wrote

No, you do not need HW controller. You can use software controller. Just install and run - it should open the web browser.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 2

Related Articles