DynDNS Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DynDNS Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DynDNS Issues
DynDNS Issues
2013-08-24 01:52:48 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:13:09
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-ER604W

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.0 Build 20130116 Rel.52243s

ISP : Virgin & Sky

I've recently swapped out my older TP-Link load balancing router for a newer wireless TL-ER604W. Under the old setup I had the ability to enter a url and port and access certain web pages/apps on my home network. Since moving to the newer TL-ER604W, I've completely lost the ability to use DynDNS to do this.

I've set up the built in DDNS (DynDNS and No-IP) clients to use my accounts, but they do not seem to be changing the public facing ip address.

WAN port 1 is set to use my primary ISP (Virgin fibre), while WAN 2 is Sky ADSL. Both ISP devices are in simple modem mode, so they are simple gateways out to the internet. All the other functionality is turned off.

Although in the TL_ER604W settings, the WAN 2 DDNS says it is on-line, WAN 1 DDNS on the same account fails to connect at all.

All the ports and forwarding are setup correctly because if I create a new DDNS host in DynDNS, and set the IP address to be the current public facing one, the DynDNS host URL works. until my ISP public IP changes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:DynDNS Issues
2014-08-01 17:21:16 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:13:09
check if there are NAT devices at the WAN side of your router, if there are, then the change of the public ip address at the very front of your network(NAT deive), won't be noticed by your er604w. suggest you to do the ddns setting on the device at the very front of your network
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 548

Replies: 1

Related Articles