TP-SG1024DE - Not able to get 802.1q vlan's to work

18 hours ago - last edited 7 hours ago
Model: TL-SG1024DE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set up some ports as untagged and some ports as trunk ports (one or more tagged vlans).

A have a couple of devices that support configuring the ports as trunk ports but when this is set up on the switch I can not communicate over to drvices over the respective vlans and connectivity does not get out.

Just using the webgui at the moment but might try the confuration tool after work.

I feel I understand the concepts as well as I should, I currently have a really old cisco switch which worked well with access and trunk ports but it is at least 15 years old and I am concerned about how long it will last and the lack of security updates as it went out fo support some years ago now.

At the moment I feel like sending this back though and staying on the cisco.

I can see that vlan's can be set on the port using 802.1q and as I need a couple of trunk ports I needed to use 802.1q.

Any quidance would be useful, I feel I may be being a bit dim with something but there are very few options in the web gui compared with cli that I am used to. I have also tried removing the ports from the default VLAN (1) but that did not seem to do much.

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-SG1024DE - Not able to get 802.1q vlan's to work
6 hours ago

Hi @DudeFromSumWere 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

On the SOHO Switches page, you should see two of the pinned threads which provide detailed information about the VLAN.

Something you can try.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options