ER7206 V1 stuck on 1.4.1?

Friday
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have the ER7206 V1 router, and Omada shows the latest version to be 1.4.1. However, looking at the official support page, I see the latest released firmware is 1.4.2, and even after I click on check for updates inside Omada, it still doesn't show the new version.

Is there a reason why the new firmware isn't available through the controller? Can I manually update the firmware, and if so, how? 

Main Gateway: TL-ER7206 Switch: TL-SG3428 APs: EAP620 HD x2
Options
3 Reply
Re:ER7206 V1 stuck on 1.4.1?
Saturday

Hi @Unraider 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The firmware is not available, it could be it has not synced to the cloud due to the approval process from the dev to the cloud team. If this persists, you can contact your local support team regarding this along with the region of your controller.

For your manual upgrade:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Saturday

@Clive_A 

Version 1.4.2 of the firmware was released on June 18th, how long does it take TP-Link cloud teams to approve firmwares? 

Is it safe to update it manually? I am having issues with DNS that I think are fixed in 1.4.2. The image you sent has no link to the actual post, a link would be appreciated.

Main Gateway: TL-ER7206 Switch: TL-SG3428 APs: EAP620 HD x2
Options
Monday - last edited Monday

Hi @Unraider 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unraider wrote

@Clive_A 

Version 1.4.2 of the firmware was released on June 18th, how long does it take TP-Link cloud teams to approve firmwares? 

Is it safe to update it manually? I am having issues with DNS that I think are fixed in 1.4.2. The image you sent has no link to the actual post, a link would be appreciated.

What is your region?

There is also a case in which we deliberately skip a version that you need to manually update it. That's a rare case for certain models.

We encourage users to use the filter and tag system to find out the firmware they need. That'd be Configuration Guide + Firmware Update. Or you may refer to the User Guide which illustrates the firmware update steps as well.

Update:

I checked with the dev. This version is a minor update and will not be pushed via the cloud platform. So you have to manually upgrade it. This is the case I talked about. We may skip minor updates and do not push to update.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options