ER707-M2 v1.0: Latest update to 1.2.3 breaks OpenVPN server

Thursday - last edited Monday
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

Hey there,

two days ago I got the update pushed for v1.2.3. Update went through successfully and at first I didn't realize any issues. I left home today and tried establishing a VPN connection but it failed.

When back home, I checked if the OpenVPN server is still active on the ER707-M2 and it was. But when trying to stop it (to then start it again), I get the error "Operation failed". Neither can I edit the OpenVPN config, it also gives "Operation failed" (Sorry, I forgot making screenshots...).

That's my configuration:

I manually downgraded to 1.2.1 (that is the latest version I found on the website) and the VPN server works again! So something broke the (Open)VPN Server in the recent 1.2.3 update.

[EDIT]: Actually, it does not... I can connect again, I also get an IP assigned but I can't reach any host in any of the two selected VLANs... It had been working for months now nefore I upgraded to 1.2.3 two days ago and now back on 1.2.1, it's not working... I tried rebooting the router, force provisioning... Nothing helps: I can connect now but can't reach any host...

So two issues now in this thread:

- Upgrade to 1.2.3 broke it in a ways that I can not connect at all, can't dis-/enable it and can't edit the settings

- Downgrading back to 1.2.1 let's me connect again, but I can't reach any host...

If you need any more information, please let me know!

Greetings,

Andy!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER707-M2 v1.0: Latest update to 1.2.3 breaks OpenVPN server-Solution
Friday - last edited Monday

Hi @ezcGman 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Will this resolve the issue you experienced?

Solution to No Traffic After OpenVPN Is Connected - Android OpenVPN Connect 3.4.0 Update

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Hey @Clive_A,

yes, that indeed solved the issue after downgrading to 1.2.1, thanks!! I have not yet tested if it would solve the issue I faced with after going to 1.2.3. I can't reboot the router right now, so I need to wait until tonight.

Greetings,

Andy!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply

Hi @ezcGman 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Will this resolve the issue you experienced?

Solution to No Traffic After OpenVPN Is Connected - Android OpenVPN Connect 3.4.0 Update

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Hey @Clive_A,

yes, that indeed solved the issue after downgrading to 1.2.1, thanks!! I have not yet tested if it would solve the issue I faced with after going to 1.2.3. I can't reboot the router right now, so I need to wait until tonight.

Greetings,

Andy!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 116

Replies: 2

Related Articles