Bad wifi - unstable connections - asymmetric disconnects

a week ago - last edited 13 hours ago
Model: EAP615-Wall   EAP653  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20240415 Rel. 70264

Hi, 4 EAPs are cabled to two Omada switches, who connect to my telco router. Also an OC200 controller is added.

Still I have often disconnects on iOS devices, it is very difficult to manage my SONOS (service not found, reconnecting wifi helps sometimes, but very cumbersome) .
Also when using mobile phone, backed up with Wifi, my outgoing audio will sometimes drop, whereas incoming continues. So, very strange asymmetric behaviour. DIsconnecting wifi helps on the call

Telco operator says no issue with the line.

I disabled Mesh, made sure the EAPs broadcast on different channels with limited bands. Rebooting EAPs every night. Broadcasting SSID, 2,4/5/6Ghz active.

How would I troubleshoot this on Omada ? Any suggestions very welcome.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Bad wifi - unstable connections - asymmetric disconnects-Solution
Friday - last edited 13 hours ago

Hi @Belef 

Wireless connections are vulnerable to environmental interference, which can lead to unstable connections or even the disappearance of the SSID. To enhance wifi performance, consider the following expert tips and best practices:
1. Installation:
   1) Position the EAP centrally for comprehensive coverage.
   2) Avoid placing the access point near barriers like walls, large furniture, or metal objects that could obstruct or disrupt the signal.
2. Channel and Channel Width Optimization:
   1) Utilize a Wi-Fi analyzer tool to pinpoint the least congested Wi-Fi channels in your vicinity and configure the access point to operate on those channels.
   2) Prevent channel overlap with neighboring networks to minimize interference.
3. Transmit Power Optimization:
   Adjust the Tx power of the access point to match the coverage area. Lowering power in areas with overlapping coverage can reduce interference and enhance performance.
4. Firmware Updates:
   Ensure the access point's firmware is regularly updated to access the latest features, security patches, and performance enhancements.
5. AI WLAN Optimization:
   Leveraging the AI WLAN Optimization feature, the Omada controller can autonomously determine the optimal wireless configurations (such as channel, bandwidth, and power) for the access points.
Please refer to this FAQ for more detailed instructions:

How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Bad wifi - unstable connections - asymmetric disconnects-Solution
Friday - last edited 13 hours ago

Hi @Belef 

Wireless connections are vulnerable to environmental interference, which can lead to unstable connections or even the disappearance of the SSID. To enhance wifi performance, consider the following expert tips and best practices:
1. Installation:
   1) Position the EAP centrally for comprehensive coverage.
   2) Avoid placing the access point near barriers like walls, large furniture, or metal objects that could obstruct or disrupt the signal.
2. Channel and Channel Width Optimization:
   1) Utilize a Wi-Fi analyzer tool to pinpoint the least congested Wi-Fi channels in your vicinity and configure the access point to operate on those channels.
   2) Prevent channel overlap with neighboring networks to minimize interference.
3. Transmit Power Optimization:
   Adjust the Tx power of the access point to match the coverage area. Lowering power in areas with overlapping coverage can reduce interference and enhance performance.
4. Firmware Updates:
   Ensure the access point's firmware is regularly updated to access the latest features, security patches, and performance enhancements.
5. AI WLAN Optimization:
   Leveraging the AI WLAN Optimization feature, the Omada controller can autonomously determine the optimal wireless configurations (such as channel, bandwidth, and power) for the access points.
Please refer to this FAQ for more detailed instructions:

How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 57

Replies: 1

Related Articles