Support for HSGMII on the SFP+ ports of SG3210X-M2 v1.0 or any future omada SFP+ hardware

Support for HSGMII on the SFP+ ports of SG3210X-M2 v1.0 or any future omada SFP+ hardware

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: TL-SG3210XHP-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hi,

So I recently started investing in your hardware platform, as part of my quest to upgrade to a 10G based infrastructure. Sadly, it seems that the SG3210X-M2 doesn't support the HSGMII (2.5G) MII offered by my Nokia G-010S-P ONT SFP+ module, instead, negotiating at 1G speeds.

I am hopeful that you can release a firmware update to fix this issue, since it is likely just a software driver related problem, rather than a hardware issue. However, if not, could you please make clear which of your SFP carrying hardware supports these intermediate MII signalling systems, since 1G is losing a lot of speed and it's clear that 10G is not an option for many public deployments of fibre.

Many thanks

Options