ER605 v1 in endless Disconnected/Adopting/Provisioning loop after upgrade to OC200 controller

ER605 v1 in endless Disconnected/Adopting/Provisioning loop after upgrade to OC200 controller

a week ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.16.3 Build 20240620 Rel.81038

So I wanted to test something this morning, logged into the controller and thought I might as well upgrade it (since I had been nagged for a while).

The upgrade itself went fine.

So I went ahead with my testing and it didn't go well. I couldn't get IP for my test client.

That's because my ER605 router had not picked up a network I had created after the upgrade (per Configuration Result)...

DHCP does not work very well when the router doesn't know about the network!

The router is current (version 1.3.1). The switch between the router and the OC200 is current too. 

I waited a while, got tired of waiting and triggered a forced provisioning.

It's not getting any better. The Disconnected state is transient (I don't always see it). The Adopting state lasts 3-5 seconds. The Provisioning state lasts minutes (variable).

But the router doesn't reach a Connected state and still has not picked up any of the changes I made after the upgrade.

In all transparency, I have a relatively new OPNsense transparent bridge between the router and the switch but it has not bothered anything else yet.

It actually shows me a fair amount of traffic between the router and the controller (port 29810 & 29814).

I know I made other updates since the bridge is present and everything behaved.

It's only the changes made since the upgrade that are pending...

What's the next step?

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605 v1 in endless Disconnected/Adopting/Provisioning loop after upgrade to OC200 controller
a week ago

FWIW, couple hours later, the state ended up being "Adopt Failed".

I was not able to get the web interface of the router to display either (to check the point of view of the router itself).

At that point, I decided that power cycling the router was the next logical step, despite the unplanned Internet downtime.

The router was through Disconnected, Connected, Configuring (for a while, with some Internet hiccups) and back to Connected.

I guess my tests will wait until tomorrow.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 1

Related Articles