EAP215 Bridge KIT frustratingly impossible to onboard, adopt and get working

3 weeks ago - last edited Yesterday
Model: EAP215-Bridge KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20240312

Omada Software Controller: 5.14.30.7 (Beta)

Router (including DHCP Server): ER707-M2 v1.0 running 1.2.2 Build 20240324 Rel.42799

Switch 1: SG2008P v3.20 running 3.20.1 Build 20240115 Rel.72847

Switch 2: SG2005P-PD v1.0 running 1.0.3 Build 20240807 Rel.60731

Intended Main EAP215 was wired to Switch 2 via its Passive PoE adapter.

How do you even adopt these to an existing network with 5Ghz APs? Adopting the "main" controller and it refuses to show up as main because it will connect to the non-p2p AP's 5Ghz SSID which is part of the Default WLAN group. As soon as it shows up as Adoptable, it has the "wifi" icon next to it, even if the other EAP215 hasn't been connected. I also tried "swapping" the EAPs and could not get that to work either... Afer "main" appears like the wireless "sub", there seems to be no way to add the actual "sub". I spent hours forgetting, hard-resetting, etc... with no success - it really shouldn't be this hard to add a wireless bridge... It made no difference that the intended Main EAP215 was wired to an Omada switch connected to an Omada router with no non-omada hardware inbetween.

Aside from building a faraday cage so that I can be within ethernet wiring distance without being in WiFi distance, how am I supposed to onboard and adopt these properly? I can't imagine the solution is to "disconnect all your other production EAPs?!?"

It's also incredibly frustrating the lack of documentation around adding these to a production Omada SDN...

Do I make a 5Ghz WLAN just for bridge use? I assue I do not want to use any Default WLAN, as you don't want random 5Ghz clients connecting to these...

Does the SSID have to be broadcast for the EAP215s to work?

How are these not FAQs?

As an aside, product and marketing documentation needs to be made much more clear that
1. vlan traffic cannot traverse the wireless bridge (waiting to learn if even mgmt vlan will work?)

2. you cannot power these with poe+, they appear to require their passive PoE injector only.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP215 Bridge KIT frustratingly impossible to onboard, adopt and get working-Solution

Hi @daubstep 

We have set up and configuration videos.

How to Set Up the Omada EAP Bridge KIT via Omada SDN Controller

If you already viewed the video and still have difficulties adopting the EAP bridge, you may call the TP-Link hotline to get real-time help.

Contact Business support.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP215 Bridge KIT frustratingly impossible to onboard, adopt and get working-Solution

Hi @daubstep 

We have set up and configuration videos.

How to Set Up the Omada EAP Bridge KIT via Omada SDN Controller

If you already viewed the video and still have difficulties adopting the EAP bridge, you may call the TP-Link hotline to get real-time help.

Contact Business support.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 115

Replies: 1

Related Articles