EAP653 is not able to give an IP if the VLAN is configured on a WLAN - FOLLOW-UP

EAP653 is not able to give an IP if the VLAN is configured on a WLAN - FOLLOW-UP

2024-09-14 07:16:24 - last edited Yesterday
Model: EAP653  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

@nicolati

Just wondering if there is any update on your thread regarding VLAN issues on your network?

Have TP-Link fixed this bug, and if so, which device was the problem?

Because your original thread is locked I can't post this to it, but I would very much like to know if this issue is resolved. I also have a TL-SG3428 at the heart of my network (along with other TP-LInk switches and various access points).

Incidentally I do find that every now and then I need to reboot the switches as they stop working properly. I wish they had a function to reboot on a schedule to clear whatever bug is causing this - possibly a slow memory leak or stack overflow?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP653 is not able to give an IP if the VLAN is configured on a WLAN - FOLLOW-UP-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited Yesterday

Hi  @SuperFocus 

There was a solution on that forum.

When you create VLAN Interface on Omada controller, static routes will be generated automatically. 

That is to say, you don't need to manually configure any extra static routing to make the VLANs accessible to each other.

Do you have the same configuration?

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP653 is not able to give an IP if the VLAN is configured on a WLAN - FOLLOW-UP
2024-09-17 02:50:25

Hi  @SuperFocus 

Which forum are you referring to? Would you please share the link?

Options
Re:EAP653 is not able to give an IP if the VLAN is configured on a WLAN - FOLLOW-UP
2024-09-17 08:29:15
It is https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/651818 - same name as my post title but without the FOLLOW-UP on the end.
Options
Re:EAP653 is not able to give an IP if the VLAN is configured on a WLAN - FOLLOW-UP-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited Yesterday

Hi  @SuperFocus 

There was a solution on that forum.

When you create VLAN Interface on Omada controller, static routes will be generated automatically. 

That is to say, you don't need to manually configure any extra static routing to make the VLANs accessible to each other.

Do you have the same configuration?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 3

Related Articles