I want to know how to disable lan ipv6.

2024-09-12 14:18:10 - last edited 2024-09-13 00:53:58
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Currently, this is handled by unchecking the box in the Windows network adapter settings, but if there are a lot of computers, it takes a long time and is difficult.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I want to know how to disable lan ipv6.-Solution
2024-09-13 00:53:54 - last edited 2024-09-13 00:53:58

Hi @itkairos 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Disable LAN IPv6 in the Wired Network > LAN and your VLAN interface, as none.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:I want to know how to disable lan ipv6.-Solution
2024-09-13 00:53:54 - last edited 2024-09-13 00:53:58

Hi @itkairos 

Disable LAN IPv6 in the Wired Network > LAN and your VLAN interface, as none.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:I want to know how to disable lan ipv6.
2024-09-13 01:20:06

@Clive_A I have the controller installed on linux and running the equipment and as of today all are up to date. And ipv6 setting is already disabled. But ipv6 client is being looked up.

Options
Re:I want to know how to disable lan ipv6.
2024-09-13 01:24:24

Hi @itkairos 

itkairos wrote

@Clive_A I have the controller installed on linux and running the equipment and as of today all are up to date. And ipv6 setting is already disabled. But ipv6 client is being looked up.

As you have already know you should disable the IPv6 settings in the adapter. Then that's not a problem with the controller or the router at all.

The adapter is assigning itself an IP address. If you don't know what FE80: means, you can simply Google this and find a fix to that. I doubt you would not find anything better than disable the IPv6 settings in the adapter.

Do you know IPv4 can assign itself an IP while theire is no DHCP server so it still gets an IP address(self-assigned)? Likewise. It has nothing to do with the system but your adapter.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 159

Replies: 3

Related Articles