one subnet unreachable from one subnet

one subnet unreachable from one subnet

12 Reply
Re:one subnet unreachable from one subnet
a week ago

I just came back from Site3...

I tried a lot of different things to be sure and can tell it is a defective / incompatible NIC on the appliance.

I tried different cables with strange results,

I tried connecting to the device directly with three different NICs, without any result,

I tried other (Cisco SMB, D-Link, Netgear) switches with no effort,

I tried the old router with an old cable with "best" results (15% loss, still too much loss for VNC connection or web access)

When I put my notebook to the appliances vlan, I had full access from the server in the other range and via RDP from the other locations. So it definitly is no Omada issue!

Sad but true: the appliance (early B&R x20 PLC) is from 2013, and is no longer supported, neither by the manufacturer nor by its owner/operator (local energy provider). Repair seems impossible, replacement with a new appliance would be about € 5.000,- :(

I probably damaged the NIC somehow during my installation and it was later rapidly degrading. That would explain, why it worked the first day with the old router...Maybe it didn't like to be connected to a PoE Port...

@Clive_A: Thank you so much for your patient help !!!

Options
Re:one subnet unreachable from one subnet
a week ago

Hi  @Wienumgebung 

Wienumgebung wrote

I just came back from Site3...

I tried a lot of different things to be sure and can tell it is a defective / incompatible NIC on the appliance.

I tried different cables with strange results,

I tried connecting to the device directly with three different NICs, without any result,

I tried other (Cisco SMB, D-Link, Netgear) switches with no effort,

I tried the old router with an old cable with "best" results (15% loss, still too much loss for VNC connection or web access)

When I put my notebook to the appliances vlan, I had full access from the server in the other range and via RDP from the other locations. So it definitly is no Omada issue!

Sad but true: the appliance (early B&R x20 PLC) is from 2013, and is no longer supported, neither by the manufacturer nor by its owner/operator (local energy provider). Repair seems impossible, replacement with a new appliance would be about € 5.000,- :(

I probably damaged the NIC somehow during my installation and it was later rapidly degrading. That would explain, why it worked the first day with the old router...Maybe it didn't like to be connected to a PoE Port...

@Clive_A: Thank you so much for your patient help !!!

Good to know it's not a problem with the Omada issue. 
It's wise to try different switches for tests. 

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Related Articles