Migrate 'Site' from Controller on ER7212PC to OC300

2024-09-03 08:39:07 - last edited a week ago
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Looking to replace my ER7212PC with a seperate router and controller. I have read that there were issues migrating from a er7212 to an oc200/300. If I was to add the new router to the er7212 first as the primary gateway, would I encounter any issues when I then migrate the 'Site' over to a OC300?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Migrate 'Site' from Controller on ER7212PC to OC300-Solution
2024-09-04 00:56:42 - last edited a week ago

Hi @Bretagne 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is gonna be a problem. Migration may not be successful due to they are different controllers in essence.

For any migration, you have to make sure the upgraded version is lower than the OC300 which you have an explanation next to the backup. If there is an error, the notification will let you know why.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Clive_A 

Just to folow up.

I created a copy of my site.

Put in the settings for the new gateway 707-M2.

Moved the APs and Switches to that site.

Went to transfer......

The versions were different and it could not continue. As the 7212 is not readly updated as quickly as the single devices I was left with no option but to start fram scratch and copy the settings manually.

Moral of the message ER7212PC to pretty much anything else, site migration is not an option.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2024-09-04 00:56:42 - last edited a week ago

Hi @Bretagne 

There is gonna be a problem. Migration may not be successful due to they are different controllers in essence.

For any migration, you have to make sure the upgraded version is lower than the OC300 which you have an explanation next to the backup. If there is an error, the notification will let you know why.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Clive_A 

Just to folow up.

Went to transfer......

The versions were different and it could not continue. As the 7212 is not readly updated as quickly as the single devices I was left with no option but to start fram scratch and copy the settings manually.

Moral of the message ER7212PC to pretty much anything else, site migration is not an option.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Migrate 'Site' from Controller on ER7212PC to OC300
a week ago

Hi @Bretagne 

Bretagne wrote

@Clive_A 

Just to folow up.

Went to transfer......

That is what I expected.

The major version and the small version might be different.

V5.14.X.X

|   |

Major and small versions.

Even if they are the same V5.14, the controller type is not the same. The config writes and codes differently, too.

Options