ER707-M2 tplink router layer 3

2024-06-19 07:10:30
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230609 Rel.34068

Hi guys,

i have been trying to make this router as layer 3 switch since my nranch office has core network with multiple vlan inside.

succesfully connected ipsec vpn with main office but all traffic could not pass through from lan port to wan port

i can ping to lan port (from branch office) but all trafic could not pass through.

how can i configured it ?

Options
7 Reply
Re:ER707-M2 tplink router layer 3
2024-06-20 01:45:15

Hi @ITuser2 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. IPsec is not supposed to forward all traffic.

2. Not very sure about what your description "from lan port to wan port" means.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-06-20 01:55:15

@ITuser2 

branch office lan ->   lan port -> tp link > wan port (vpn ipsec) -> internet > (vpn ipsec hq) -> hq office 

user in branch office can ping lan port tplink

vpn ipsec succesfully  connected with both side.

but from tp link could not forward all internal ip to hq office lan 

Options
2024-06-20 02:29:25

Hi @ITuser2 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ITuser2 wrote

@ITuser2 

branch office lan ->   lan port -> tp link > wan port (vpn ipsec) -> internet > (vpn ipsec hq) -> hq office 

user in branch office can ping lan port tplink

vpn ipsec succesfully  connected with both side.

but from tp link could not forward all internal ip to hq office lan 

Screenshots I require:

IPsec config of your remote subnet setting on the router.

Remote HQ IPsec config as well.

Ping from Branch LAN to HQ (remote subnet's) default gateway IP address.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-06-20 06:29:18

Hi  @ITuser2 

I understand the privacy but this is not helpful to me at all.

I still don't understand your ping and what's the meaning of it. I asked you to ping the default gateway IP and it's IP is not a public IP which should be no problem to expose. I ask you to use a PC from the branch LAN to ping that and share the screenshots.

Think in my shoes. With the information provided so far, I don't have any suggestions or comments. I recommend you check your parameters and make sure they are correct.

Options
2024-06-24 07:39:06

@Clive_A 

hi clive, this is the design and ping screenshot, the reason before was the screenshot had public ip.

Options
2024-07-08 03:37:38

hi clive, 

any plan to reply my post?

Options
2024-07-08 04:00:37

Hi @ITuser2 

ITuser2 wrote

hi clive, 

any plan to reply my post?

Sorry for my bad understanding and reading ability I don't understand your question and your picture. I don't have a comment on your described issue and that was the reason why I did not reply. 

Like the first post, the IPsec is not gonna forward all the traffic because it does not support(have) a proxy mode. And if this is not your question, please describe it again.

Options