ER8411 - Unable to port forward same port number for multiple WAN alias IPs

2024-05-13 16:54:29 - last edited 2024-08-23 00:28:23
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20240308 Rel.75819

Hi Team

Previously raised this but though best to bring it to a new thread as previously it was off the back of the beta firmware ticket below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/636166

Still unable to allocate the same port number individually to different external WAN IP address aliases:

Example:

Existing Rule 1:

Source: Any

Interface: All

WAN IP: Blank (Unable to specify IP xxx.xxx.xxx.194)

Source Port: 80

Destination IP: xx.xx.xx.2

Destination Port: 80

Protocol: All

Desired Rule 2:

Source: Any

Interface: All

WAN IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.195

Source Port: 80

Destination IP: xx.xx.xx.6

Destination Port: 80

Protocol: All

Many thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER8411 - Unable to port forward same port number for multiple WAN alias IPs-Solution
2024-05-14 01:19:55 - last edited 2024-08-23 00:28:23

Hi @Jamie_S 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

As we discussed in the ticket, the official release would be V5.15(ETA). So, do you mean now you need a beta for the Linux controller? As I recall it would require both router and controller to be adapted to what you requested.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:ER8411 - Unable to port forward same port number for multiple WAN alias IPs-Solution
2024-05-14 01:19:55 - last edited 2024-08-23 00:28:23

Hi @Jamie_S 

As we discussed in the ticket, the official release would be V5.15(ETA). So, do you mean now you need a beta for the Linux controller? As I recall it would require both router and controller to be adapted to what you requested.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER8411 - Unable to port forward same port number for multiple WAN alias IPs
2024-05-24 14:40:52

@Clive_A 

hello,

i have some problem.

this feature are enable with 5.15 ? when this firmware will be released ?

thanks

Marco

Options
2024-05-24 14:46:21

@Clive_A sorry thought I'd replied to this.

If it's just a BETA controller version to test it that's fine. If it causes any issues I can easily re-instate the previous version.

Sadly I can't put BETA firmwares on the router now as it's heavily in production and it would be too high a risk.

Current controller is on 5.13.30.8 and is indeed Linux. Current ER8411 firmware is 1.2.1 Build 20240308 Rel.75819

Many thanks

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi @Clive_A 

Gateway : ER8411 v1

Harware Controller : OC300 v1

Facing the same issue.

When is the 5.15 version likely to be officially released for the OC300 controller?

Is there a work around to make it possible i.e., to port forward same port number for multiple WAN alias IPs?

Regards

Lennox Rajkumar

Aenon Infotech

Options
a week ago

Hi @aenon 

aenon wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

Gateway : ER8411 v1

Harware Controller : OC300 v1

Facing the same issue.

When is the 5.15 version likely to be officially released for the OC300 controller?

Is there a work around to make it possible i.e., to port forward same port number for multiple WAN alias IPs?

Regards

Lennox Rajkumar

Aenon Infotech

As already explained in the link and this post, there is a beta firmware. The official fix is V5.15.X. No further information that I can provide.

Solution to Port Forwarding Issues with WAN Alias - Same Port Not Allowed

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 501

Replies: 5

Related Articles