NVR1008H webUI unable to load camera live and recorded view

2024-05-03 03:52:43 - last edited Yesterday
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 240119 Rel.51953n

Hi, 

I'm running a NVR1008H recorder with VIGI and also TAPO cameras. The live view and record everything does works fine and I am able to view it via the HDMI output on the recorder and also from VIGI app. FYI I'm running the latest version of firmware which it auto-download

But my problem is that when i login from a PC via the ip address of the NVR is, I'm unable to view the live view and also the recorded view of the cameras. All it's showing just unable to load after I select the channels. All channels are so. 

Any idea why this occur and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:NVR1008H webUI unable to load camera live and recorded view-Solution
a week ago - last edited Yesterday

Hi @NeoReca 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

NeoReca wrote

Hi there,
I'm experiencing the same problem as OP's. I have recently purchased a Vigi NVR1008H for home surveillance, pairing it with Tapo cameras. I hope this will give you more info to eventually reproduce and solve the problem.

Some basic info that has been covered in the previous replies:
- I have 1 camera connected at the moment (Tapo C500)
- I can view the live feed on the HDMI output and the VIGI app
- I am unable to view the web live feed on two windows devices, on Brave and Chrome
- Incognito mode on Chrome and Brave desktop camera still won't load

New info:

- I can view the webUI live feed on a mobile device (Brave mobile browser)

- I tried to turn off some antivirus protection features (Kaspersky) on desktop, camera feed still cannot load

NVR info:
- Model: VIGI NVR1008H(UN) 2.20
- Firmware: 1.1.2 Build 240815 Rel.65006n

- HDD: WD Purple 1TB

Camera info:
- Model: Tapo C500 1.0
- Firmware: 1.1.4 Build 240506 Rel.39487n

- Current resolution, framerate, and bit rate: 1920x1080, 15fps, 1024Kbps

Browser version (Desktop):
- Brave: 1.70.123 Chromium: 129.0.6668.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Chrome: 129.0.6668.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Some screenshots:

If you need more info I'd be glad to provide you with it :)

Thank you!

Feed is working on the phone app as well as the NVR itself with a monitor, correct?

Then that seems to be a problem with the PC.

Except for the firewall or anti-virus, did you check if the network type has been selected in both Public and Private networks?

It seems to be the problem with your browser. Try Firefox?

Most browsers now are based on the Chromium, Firefox is kind of special here.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Hi @Clive_A, thank you for the reply.

My PC's network connection type is set to private. I tried once to allow ports 443, 8000, and 8443 in the windows firewall rules, but I think that's not the issue here.

I tried accessing the web ui on Firefox and at first it said "Ch1:Load Failed. Please visit https://<my_nvr's_local_ip>:8443 for certificate trust to view videos. Then come back here to refresh this page to view videos." Once I visited https://<my_nvr's_local_ip>:8443, it loaded the feed. I'm not sure how that worked but I think it has to do with certificates? Should the NVR have a valid ssl certificate in the first place? 

I also tried firing up a windows sandbox and installed Brave, Chrome, and Firefox. All browsers have working feeds. So I think you're right, the problem is with the PC. I'll have to take a closer look at my antivirus because both of the PCs that have feeds failed have Kaspersky installed instead of just Windows Defender.

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:NVR1008H webUI unable to load camera live and recorded view
2024-05-06 12:42:14 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi  @DK_Nian 

From the incognito/private mode, will you be able to load the feed?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-05-07 00:18:04 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

I'll have that a try later when I'm back home. All the while was just in normal browsing mode. 

Options
2024-05-09 13:04:58 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

Just tried Incognito mode in Chrome, its still cant load.

While in playback, its also the same where can see the timeline at the bottom had loaded but cant play the footage.

Options
2024-05-17 14:19:35 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@DK_Nian any updates on this?

Options
2024-05-19 10:01:11 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi  @Kasimistall 

Kasimistall wrote

@DK_Nian any updates on this?

Do you run into the same problem? The case was brought up to the test team and has not received a feedback on it.

If you experience the same situation, please provide the firmware of your model and hardware version. How many cameras do you have on this NVR and their model names with res you've set to them?

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi there,
I'm experiencing the same problem as OP's. I have recently purchased a Vigi NVR1008H for home surveillance, pairing it with Tapo cameras. I hope this will give you more info to eventually reproduce and solve the problem.

- I am unable to view the web live feed on two windows devices, on Brave and Chrome

New info:

- I tried to turn off some antivirus protection features (Kaspersky) on desktop, camera feed still cannot load

NVR info:

Camera info:

Some screenshots:

Thank you!

Options

Hi @NeoReca 

NeoReca wrote

Hi there,

New info:

NVR info:

Camera info:

Some screenshots:

Thank you!

Feed is working on the phone app as well as the NVR itself with a monitor, correct?

Then that seems to be a problem with the PC.

Except for the firewall or anti-virus, did you check if the network type has been selected in both Public and Private networks?

It seems to be the problem with your browser. Try Firefox?

Most browsers now are based on the Chromium, Firefox is kind of special here.

Recommended Solution
Options

Hi @Clive_A, thank you for the reply.

My PC's network connection type is set to private. I tried once to allow ports 443, 8000, and 8443 in the windows firewall rules, but I think that's not the issue here.

I tried accessing the web ui on Firefox and at first it said "Ch1:Load Failed. Please visit https://<my_nvr's_local_ip>:8443 for certificate trust to view videos. Then come back here to refresh this page to view videos." Once I visited https://<my_nvr's_local_ip>:8443, it loaded the feed. I'm not sure how that worked but I think it has to do with certificates? Should the NVR have a valid ssl certificate in the first place? 

I also tried firing up a windows sandbox and installed Brave, Chrome, and Firefox. All browsers have working feeds. So I think you're right, the problem is with the PC. I'll have to take a closer look at my antivirus because both of the PCs that have feeds failed have Kaspersky installed instead of just Windows Defender.

Recommended Solution
Options
Thursday

@Clive_A 

I encounter this issue aswell. Live View is working ok but Playback is not. sometimes it stop for around 5 seconds, other time 6 or 7 seconds.

i already use different browser in the PC.

The apps for android works.

I need it working on my PC. Help pls

Options
Yesterday

Hi @Jeesoon1 

Jeesoon1 wrote

@Clive_A 

I encounter this issue aswell. Live View is working ok but Playback is not. sometimes it stop for around 5 seconds, other time 6 or 7 seconds.

i already use different browser in the PC.

The apps for android works.

I need it working on my PC. Help pls

See the discussion and possible cause for this problem.

Both the OP and I think it relates to the computer, firewall, and anti-virus settings. We are not able to resolve the computer or browser issue in certain circumstances.

If you hope to discuss this computer-related issue, please provide more info about your computer.

Options