FTP upload of video footage triggered by an event from VIGI C340i cameras

2024-02-27 21:54:02 - last edited 2024-06-11 01:33:46
Model: VIGI C340I  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 231123 Rel. 56012n

Hi,

I have a number of VIGI c340i cameras that I would like to be able to use to upload video footage to a FTP server when an event is triggered.  Currently these cameras are able to upload a single still image, however this is not particularly useful.  For example, the event may trigger when someone steps onto the front lawn showing that a person has been detected, however if that person then walks across the lawn and damages a parked vehicle this will not be captured (not particularly useful)

Can this feature be included in a future release of the formwar for this and similar VIGI cameras ?

I am aware that there are alternative options such as using the TP-Link NVR, or configuring a cloud account for the camera however these are both an additional expense and/or rely on having sufficient Internet bandwidth or assume that the TP-Link cloud service is available.  None of these options are particularly attractive, and I would choose to use an alternative camera (e.g. a ReoLink RLC-810A) which support such features and a higher quality lens.  Also, as the VIGI line of cameras are marketed as a 'Business' camera rather than a low end consumer camera it is quite reasonable to assume that a Business may have existing server available to use or would require a more adnavced feasture set.

Thanks,

Sean

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:FTP upload of video footage triggered by an event from VIGI C340i cameras-Solution
2024-06-11 01:33:23 - last edited 2024-06-11 01:33:46

Hi @itmax73 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

itmax73 wrote

@Clive_A Excuse me, on 2024-02-28 you wrote "Based on the reply from the engineers, the video footage uploading is under development"
Is it under development or not ?
If not i'll stop waiting and will move to other brand.
Just let me know, thank you.

It's been implemented in some models. But no ETA for models if they don't have it yet.

If you don't see it yet, that means not supported yet. Also, we cannot guarantee all the models may have it. Models may vary differently to this feature. Please patiently wait for the future firmware release.

If you require this feature immediately to fit your setup, please consider returning this and getting a different vendor.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:FTP upload of video footage triggered by an event from VIGI C340i cameras
2024-02-28 05:57:37

Hi @slincolne 

Extra server would cost you a license fee. That's what the VMS platform is going to do. A fully cloud-hosted server. It'll be the same place as the Omada Cloud-based Controller and require a license fee.

FTP server now only supports image uploading. Based on the reply from the engineers, the video footage uploading is under development.

Please note that all requests undergo a thorough evaluation by our developer team before being added to the roadmap. This process may take some time, so please be patient if you don't see immediate results. Features with lower priority or fewer user reports might experience delays in implementation as we gather more feedback and compare it with competitor products.
It is important to understand that submitting a request does not guarantee its implementation; only requests that pass the evaluation will be considered for inclusion in future updates.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-06-06 11:43:40 - last edited 2024-06-06 11:47:05

@Clive_A Hello, any update about this "mandatory" feature ?

The camera IMO should be able to save on NAS H24 recording, one folder for each day and video splitted by interval of 5 minutes.
I have some cameras working this way, saving .mp4 files. NVR is not required, it's simple and works very well.
Thank you

Options
2024-06-07 00:34:27

Hi @itmax73 

itmax73 wrote

@Clive_A Hello, any update about this "mandatory" feature ?

The camera IMO should be able to save on NAS H24 recording, one folder for each day and video splitted by interval of 5 minutes.
I have some cameras working this way, saving .mp4 files. NVR is not required, it's simple and works very well.
Thank you

No. For the tag of "Future Consideration", please take a look at the pinned thread on the Request page.

The feedback is not enough to reorder this request to a higher priority. I am still counting the numbers.

Options
2024-06-08 07:43:40

@Clive_A Excuse me, on 2024-02-28 you wrote "Based on the reply from the engineers, the video footage uploading is under development"

Options
2024-06-11 01:15:37

Hi @itmax73 

itmax73 wrote

We don't provide ETA if we don't have a timeline for it. For the disclaimer purpose, we don't usually guarantee you or give a specific timeline.

Based on the last time I consulted with the senior engineer, I was told that, quote "it is under development" and period, but no timeline was provided at all. I cannot say anything promising at this moment. The development or any work in the development has a priority. I cannot comment on that as I don't work with the dev team of the VIGI.

I will check again but still, I cannot comment or guarantee anything promising at this moment.

Options
Re:FTP upload of video footage triggered by an event from VIGI C340i cameras-Solution
2024-06-11 01:33:23 - last edited 2024-06-11 01:33:46

Hi @itmax73 

itmax73 wrote

It's been implemented in some models. But no ETA for models if they don't have it yet.

If you don't see it yet, that means not supported yet. Also, we cannot guarantee all the models may have it. Models may vary differently to this feature. Please patiently wait for the future firmware release.

If you require this feature immediately to fit your setup, please consider returning this and getting a different vendor.

Recommended Solution
Options
RE:FTP upload of video footage triggered by an event from VIGI C340i cameras
2024-06-11 07:56:17
Must have
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 791

Replies: 7

Voters 2