Static IP question. Reserve the address or not?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-19 16:10:07
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am removing my Verizon FIOS router and installing an ER605.

My DHCP pool is 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.199

I have one device with a static IP right in the middle of my DHCP pool: 192.168.1.124

I know that the preferred solution would be to simply change the device's static IP, but this IP is hard-coded in too many other devices.  This would be an all-day ordeal.

On my Verizon router, it appears that the DHCP server is smart enough to not assign that IP to a DHCP request.  Does the ER605 DHCP server work the same way or do I need to reserve it in the "Address Reservations" tab?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Static IP question. Reserve the address or not?
2023-12-20 02:35:16

Hi @SteveMann 

Same way.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 1

Related Articles