LAG = LACP IEEE 802.ad ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LAG = LACP IEEE 802.ad ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LAG = LACP IEEE 802.ad ?
LAG = LACP IEEE 802.ad ?
2023-10-21 20:14:40 - last edited 2023-10-24 01:43:48
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20230214 Rel.63440

Hello Team, 

Would like too be sure, i do a mistake with buying this model of switch ....
So i use a Synology Nas DS918 who have only 2 / 1Gbs eth port

I would like use LACP for have 2000 Mbps Full Duplex

I see this model do LAG , but a realy don't imagine that is not compiliant with IEE 802.3ad

Tips ? or i can return back ? ... A model  who is IEE 802.3ad compilant ? 

Edit : I found this model ? TL-SG2008 the smalest possible ? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:LAG = LACP IEEE 802.ad ? -Solution
2023-10-24 01:43:40 - last edited 2023-10-24 01:43:48

Hi @Earic 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No. They are different. We usually mean Static LAG when you talk about LAG. LACP is another whole different protocol for link aggregation.

Usually, you can return your item to the original retailer. However, the return window depends on the retailer's policy. We cannot determine the return policy of the retailers.

SG2008P, you mean? It can support ACP.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:LAG = LACP IEEE 802.ad ? -Solution
2023-10-24 01:43:40 - last edited 2023-10-24 01:43:48

Hi @Earic 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No. They are different. We usually mean Static LAG when you talk about LAG. LACP is another whole different protocol for link aggregation.

Usually, you can return your item to the original retailer. However, the return window depends on the retailer's policy. We cannot determine the return policy of the retailers.

SG2008P, you mean? It can support ACP.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 308

Replies: 1

Related Articles