wired network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

wired network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:wired network
2023-11-07 23:03:27 - last edited 2023-11-07 23:11:09

@Philbert 

I hope this is what you need thank you

Options
2023-11-08 22:11:41

@smatom 

Hey

Thanks for this, and YES it answers a lot of what we need to help you.   Green is GOOD...  Amber a recommendation..  Red is likely you issue. 

So you are running a controller on your APs and you appear to have them as AUTO channel.  That will work perfectly as it appears to have set your APs in the correct channels (1 6 11) and there is no overlap.  Also your airspace is perfect... all other SSIDs are in excess of -70db so you have nothing to worry about on that front.

Connection wise.. you are connected at 144mbps over the WiFi and you have an Intel AC card (2x2).  Therefore you are getting 2x streams of around 72mbps each which is roughly the max for 20mhz, if you go to your APs in the controller and on the POP OUT windows, CONFIG   RADIO change this from AUTO to 40mhz, you may seen this hop up to around 300mbps.  As your airspace is clean, no issue doing this.    Speed all the way..

This jumped at me as being you issue here.   The uplink is negotiating with the switch / router its connected too at just 10mbps.   This could be the cable (quite common) so try a recrcimpt or replace it if possible.   OR the device on the other end.   What have you connected your AP in this picture too?  Is the uplink device capable of faster?

The uplink is basically the APs connection back to the network / router and if this is negotiating at 10mbps then EVERYTHING will run at 10 over the WiFi.  That looks to be your bottleneck, ideally this should be 100.  

Give that a try and report back to us.  Im curious what you have you APs connected into?  Just straight to router? if so what model

Options
2023-11-09 11:42:43

@Philbert 

I am using TL-SF1008P switch.  I have rewired  and this is happening on all EAP 115.

Also one EAP 225 on same switch non Poe port and using an injector, works fine.

Thank you

Options
2023-11-14 20:31:54

@smatom 

Did you try swooping the 225 and one of the 115s?  Just to see if the problem follows the port on the switch.

Also how long are the cable runs?   CAT5e/6 is limited to 100m (300ft) max, if you are running POE however try to keep that closer to 80m (240ft).  The fact you are gettting a cable connection at 10mbps appears to be your issue and thats where i recommend you start.

Try even if possible taking down one of the EAP115s and connecting it direct into the switch with a 1m cable, see if the uplink speed jumps to 100

Options
2023-11-16 18:34:11

@Philbert 

Sir, i believe i have indicated in my previous post that all of these things that you suggest have been tried. Can we please move on I'm tired of running around in circles it takes me a half a day to go to this property do the tests and come back. I will re answer each of your questions once again. 

1. I have swapped 225 with 115 and get same result
  2. All cable runs are less than 80 meters
  3. Yes

Are you level 1 support? If so can you move me to a higher level of support please. More than three months on this and I'm getting nowhere. Feel like somebody's nailed my foot to the ground and all I'm doing is running around in circles.

Options
2023-11-16 22:17:43 - last edited 2023-11-16 22:18:59

@smatom 

OK so lets get something clear here, THIS IS A FORUM / COMMUNITY therefore neither I nor the majority of others on here work for TPLink.   Im literally a guy trying to help you out here in my spare (and valuable time).  

Looking at what you have told us so far, its clearly your uplink from the AP to the Switch is running at 10mbps and that will be your issue right there.   Until you solve that you are going no-where

Also, you dont answer questions.. if you did we would be a LOT further on than we are, you just say YES and NO without posting your results of testing with any details.  Im a Senior Network Engineer for an Irish based company, there is a reason im asking you things and its genuinely to try and help you out, however..   You say its not still slow, is it still connected at 10 like i asked you?  Does it connect at 100 with a shorter cable?  obvious things like that give me something to work with!

Its just my opinion here, but you are clearly out of your depth and would be better getting someone to look at this for you onsite.  Good luck with that, personally im done trying to help you.

Options
Related Articles