Payment Captive Portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Payment Captive Portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Payment Captive Portal
Payment Captive Portal
2023-07-03 07:26:06
Tags: #Captive Portal
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Is there any way to accept a payment (Credit Card, Paypal, Stripe... anything) as the authentication for a captive portal?

I noticed you can upload your own portal. Just wondering if anyone managed to sneak a paypal button on there? Or if this was even possible. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Payment Captive Portal
2023-07-04 01:38:11

Hi @WhyFi54321,

Never seen this implemented before.

If you want to make sure someone pays you before they start to use WIFI, or you want to make sure they buy something, you can try out the voucher code which you can give a code for authentication.

But what you described seems to be sensitive to certain groups of people as you are collecting their data. We do not have a built-in portal for this.

You can probably look for a web design that may authenticate such sensitive information. The authentication type could be a radius server. But we don't provide any support on configuring/designing the web.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-07-05 08:23:54

Hi @Clive_A, yes it's a pretty specific use case. I want people to be able to buy access without someone providing them with a voucher. Basically I'm in a remote area and have campers who might want to buy internet access, which i can sell during the day with a voucher, but if they want it at night when the shop is closed I want them to be able to buy it themselves using paypal or a credit card. Is that possible?

Options
2023-07-05 08:32:13 - last edited 2023-07-05 08:32:23

Hi @WhyFi54321,

Unfortunately, this is not a common case we usually see. But based on my knowledge, you can find someone who helps people set up a server or web and is also experienced with RADIUS servers. And, it is possible.

If you say that you would like to make it fully automated, you have to build everything like this on a server. Instead of simply relying on the portal on Omada Controller.

If you need employees to provide the username and account, instead of the voucher, you can try out other types which require a username and password for authentication. But again, it requires manual approval.

Hope my answers can help you a bit.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 996

Replies: 3

Tags

Captive Portal
Related Articles