Set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Set up
Set up
2023-06-08 22:19:45 - last edited 2023-06-12 22:34:35
Model: EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have the eap610 outdoor set on a pole and connected to my router along with the poe injector that came with it.  I am connected to the internet through it.

My problem is I can not find it in the omada app on my phone so I can set a name and password for it.  The app does not find it as a stand alone device.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Set up-Solution
2023-06-11 18:58:24 - last edited 2023-06-12 22:34:35

@Wmrayt you can try to give it a hard factory reset via reset button then try to adopt again to see if it can help

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Set up
2023-06-09 10:00:47

Hi @Wmrayt,

Please check if you can see the default Wi-Fi name of EAP, which looks like TP-Link_2.4xx. Then try to connect it to test if you can get internet from it.

If the internet can work fine, please use a phone to connect to the EAP's Wi-Fi, then open Omada APP to find the EAP in Standalone APs page.

If you can not find it, please go to Wifi list and click on this EAP's wifi, if you can see the error message “Obtain IP address fails”, or the phone can connect it but the IP address is 169.254.x.x. It is because the connection between the router and EAP fails.
This issue is very common according to our working experience. Please check the physical connection from the router to the EAP. If you are not sure, please use a PC replace the EAP, connecting with the same Ethernet port and cable to check the PC can get internet or not.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-06-09 15:10:32

@Hank21 

As I said in the original post.  I am connected to the AP and have internet through it.  My problem is I can not manage it through the app as the app does not see it even when I am getting my wifi through it.

I have internet through the access point but it is wide open and I would like to rename it and set up password on it.

I try the app and it does not see it as a stand alone unit or any other way.

I try tplinkeap.net through web browser and it does not connect at all. Says can not find.

Thank you

Options
Re:Set up-Solution
2023-06-11 18:58:24 - last edited 2023-06-12 22:34:35

@Wmrayt you can try to give it a hard factory reset via reset button then try to adopt again to see if it can help

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-06-12 22:34:01 - last edited 2023-06-12 22:34:32

@Giang97  I reset a couple of times and was able to get into the interface at tplinkeap.net.  

Thanks for all the replies. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 586

Replies: 4

Related Articles