ER605 - Bugs/Issues/Feature Requests. OC200/EAP610.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-16 05:09:35
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1

So I have a OC200, ER605 and EAP610.

ER605:

1.  IP Blocking, simply put......  outside the ACL system that doesn't work.  Either single or range.

2.  Why does it drop connection when adding a port forward or ACL rule - fix this as no other router does this.

3.  Under high connection rates it seems to cause latency.... 

4.  There is no QoS, yes there is bandwidth control but after owing this for x months now as soon as you head up towards maximum bandwidth of your line in terms of usage the ping shoots through the roof.  99.9% of all other modem/routers I have used don't seem to do this.  Detailed options with QoS would be good as well.

5.  L2TP Encryption doesn't work internally but PPTP does.....  We couldn't fix this with TPLink support.  

6.  This could be me but I can't get a domain name to just instantly round robin type thing.  eg.  if I host a website x on a server internally and the dns records point to my same ip it works for say a web address but not a port forward.  so it will instantly work for website xxx for example but not if I have website xxx on port 4000 for a web portal access to something say.  Not sure how to fix this or how I would even go about it.

7.  I would love to see a "port forward" connections per second limit option.  So slow down bombing x ports.

8.  Again DHCP Reservation at Dashboard level needs the option to show Username or Name instead of Mac to easily see what devices are there and for what.

9.  Option to set the MTU Manually and also ability Optimise MTU on the fly without disconnecting, availability on the app as well for high ping times on the NBN.  eg a button Optimise MTU (have two options for for throughput, one for ping).
10.  DHCP Options missing, eg. 26 to set a MTU for clients.

ER605-OC200 Combined Queries:

1.  LAN.  Why can't I have multiple LAN's one say thats default, specify groups/vlans maybe for x clients?  eg I would put all my CCTV and Smart Devices on a LAN that could not communicate with x internal devices.  *something I am thinking about in progress type thing*

I mean this is all I can think of, just putting it out there for others to pipe in on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 340

Replies: 0

Related Articles