Votes

Possibility to disable ethernet interface using Omada controller in ER605 using Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Possibility to disable ethernet interface using Omada controller in ER605 using Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-26 08:32:02 - last edited 2022-07-26 14:45:25
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Opened topic but my requests to move it to Requests & Suggestions are not listened.

I would like to have opportunity to disable ethernet interface on ER605, currently it is not possible from OMADA Controller

Original topic here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/568192

Options
4 Reply
Re:Possibility to disable ethernet interface using Omada controller in ER605 using Omada Controller
2022-07-26 14:35:39

@lacrimal 

I think you need to provide more detail on your request and the functionality (or lack of) that you hope to achieve.  

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:Possibility to disable ethernet interface using Omada controller in ER605 using Omada Controller
2022-07-26 14:46:16

@d0ugmac1 

think this is pretty straight forward but add link to original topic anyway

Options
2022-07-26 15:10:07

@lacrimal 

Thanks for the clarification.  I fully support this feature request as I have an issue that would be fixed by it, specifically, I have an IOT device on an IOT VLAN that I want to plug into a spare LAN port on my ER605, but because I cannot remove default VLAN 1 from any of the LAN ports, this device always gets a management IP instead of an IOT IP.  I had to extend wiring to a dedicated port on the switch in order to prevent this ( IP reverting to VLAN1 subnet ) happening every time the system power cycles.

In general I would like to see greater configurability of the LAN ports on the TPlink routers, to the point where they are managed by Omada as a virtual switch device if this is possible.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-07-27 06:28:08

lacrimal wrote

Opened topic but my requests to move it to Requests & Suggestions are not listened.

I would like to have opportunity to disable ethernet interface on ER605, currently it is not possible from OMADA Controller

Original topic here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/568192

Hi  @lacrimal 

This has been forwarded to the developer team for further evaluation.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1074

Replies: 4

Voters 2