Unable to sustain connection between CPE710s in AP/Client Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-25 06:33:16
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a pair of CPE710s with one configured as a Access Point and the other ~300 ft away configured as a client.  The line of sight between antennas is relatively uninterrupted. 

I have completed all Part 1 trouble shooting recommend at How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully? | TP-Link.  Both AP/Client are operating on the same frequency, channel is set to Auto, the transmit power is set to maximum, and the Access Point SSID can be found on the client.

The CPE710 in client mode will connect to the CPE710 Access Point but immediately disconnect 2-3 seconds later.  Roughly 1 minute later the cycle repeats.  When monitoring the CPE710 Access Point the client is never listed as a connected "station."  During the brief connection the client will flash up the Root AP BSSID and SSSID.   I briefly get the following signal strength metrics on the client:

• Noise Strength: -94dBm
  • SNR: 67dB
  • Transmit CCQ: 100

What is causing the rapid disconnect and connection cycling?  How can I establish a sustained connection?

Thanks,

Joseph

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to sustain connection between CPE710s in AP/Client Setup
2022-03-01 07:36:27

@Timberock -94dBm is not a good signal strength. Please check if the AP-Client units have a clear sight between them. And the antenna should be "face-to-face". 

Other factors: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/907/

Please also try another channel, go to AP unit Wireless settings, and choose a channel manually. 

BTW what is the firmware version and hardware version of your CPE? 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 1

Related Articles