Repeater mode to extend Ruckus Wireless WIFI connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-19 18:45:26 - last edited 2020-09-21 06:20:21
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20200612 Rel. 53582 (5553)

I have configured the CPE210 in repeater mode with a static IP from our DHCP server (windows 2012 server) and I'm able to connect the CPE. The current WIFI network is Ruckus Wireless (ZD1106 legacy) with 4 APs in Mesh mode. As soon as I connect the CPE210 to our switch (Edgeswitch) or router (Cradlepoint), it disables wifi for everyone. As soon as I unplug it, wifi is back on. I've tried this using AP mode too. Does anyone know if these devices are not compatible? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Repeater mode to extend Ruckus Wireless WIFI connection
2020-09-21 12:12:47

@fjohnson 

As soon as I connect the CPE210 to our switch (Edgeswitch) or router (Cradlepoint), it disables wifi for everyone. As soon as I unplug it, wifi is back on. I've tried this using AP mode too. Does anyone know if these devices are not compatible? 

Ensure the configuration is correct, no IP conflict, no network loop generated. Try following the instruction guide to configure it as Access Point mode: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/730/

BTW, the CPE is not suited to extend 360° WiFi since it has directional antennas, and the repeater mode is not actually recommended for use. If you want to use an outdoor AP for wireless coverage, EAP225-Outdoor is for your reference which has 360° Omni antennas but it's not an outdoor extender (needs to hardwire to the router/switch via cable).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1534

Replies: 1

Related Articles