How to configure Switch correctly TL-SG3216?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-17 15:12:33
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone, I have a TL-SG3216 switch I bought it a little over 1 year ago, unfortunately I have never been able to use it, "I am used to normal switches", then 3 small servers and I have 10 public IPs, I wish I could limit the Bandwidth of 1 port, the problem I have is that I don't even get the switch to distribute the internet ... I'm basically ignorant and I need your help.

The configuration I currently have is like this:

Router Provider ---> Normal Swith ---> Server

It should look like this:

Router Provider ---> Swith TL-SG3216 ---> Server with bandwidth limitation

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to configure Switch correctly TL-SG3216?
2019-12-18 03:25:48

@RicRey 

Firstly try to connect your server to your router, make sure that your router is working normally. Then check your router's IP adderss. If it's 192.168.0.1, it may conflict with TL-SG3216. TL-SG3216 will use the IP of 192.168.0.1 by default. Two devices cannot use the same IP adderss in a network. If this is your problem, please try to change the IP address for TL-SG3216. 

About how to change IP address.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/956/

About  how to limite rate for your server.

https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TL-SG3216(UN)_V2_UG.pdf  (page 145)

Options
2019-12-18 18:39:18

@Andone The router comes directly from the internet service provider, it directly handles 20 public IP's.
Basically, the server connects to the router and the public ip is configured on the server and in that way it accesses, it also happens with the rest of the servers, we do not have an internal ip, all servers go directly through the public ip assigned according to the server.

Options
2019-12-19 06:17:50

@RicRey 

I misunderstand your netowrk in the last post.

So now you want to use TL-SG3216 in your network, and need to know how to configure the switch, right?

The switch has many function, configuration is based on your requirements. If you want to limit the speed for specific port, you can set bandwidth control as I mentioned in last post. If you need to separate different devices, you can set VLAN or ACL. If you just need to make your server connect to internet, you doesn't need to set anything. 

Maybe you can tell about your requirements, I am still a little confused.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1354

Replies: 3

Related Articles