generate cluster fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

generate cluster fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
generate cluster fails
generate cluster fails
2018-12-23 14:16:34

Hello,

I have two TPLINK TL-SG3210 Hardware Version 1 with the latest firmware 1.9.2 Build 20130527 Rel.59782. I have both connected via a LAN port and want to create a cluster.

I used this guide for that. https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TL-SG3216(UN)_V2_UG.pdf

It refers to the hardware version 2, but the GUI should behave identically.

See page 233 for how to set up a cluster. I followed the instructions, but on page 234 point 4 I am instructed to define one of the switches as a commander. This selection is not offered. Both switches are called candidates in the cluster.

I am unable to define one as a commander. What am I doing wrong?

PS: Unfortunately, I can not access the switch via SSH because I can not set an EXEC password via the COM port.

Switch 1 

Switch 2

Both Switch Cluster Config

Options
7 Reply
Re:generate cluster fails
2018-12-24 09:53:06

Hi der-s

If you see the page 221, you will see that "TL-SG3210/TL-SG3216/TL-SG3424/TL-SG3424P switch cannot be configured as commander switch to manage the cluster.". 

So you are correct but just the switch cannot support that.cheeky

Options
Re:Re:generate cluster fails
2018-12-25 10:57:57

Oh sad i Need the Cluster to create a Trunk over two Switches, but in the LACP config i See only one Switch. Is it posible to create a Trunk over two Switches with this tplink?

Options
Re:Re:Re:generate cluster fails
2018-12-26 00:58:53

der-s wrote

Oh sad i Need the Cluster to create a Trunk over two Switches, but in the LACP config i See only one Switch. Is it posible to create a Trunk over two Switches with this tplink?

If you mean to create the Link Aggregation, I think these two Switches support to do that. You can configure LACP for the ports. If they can create the link aggregation group, you should be able to see the ports on LAG table.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:generate cluster fails
2018-12-26 20:17:51

Thank you. the problem is that even though both switches are in the cluster, lacp/lag config can see the ports of one switch as a link aggregation. I can not configure both switchs.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:generate cluster fails
2018-12-27 06:52:18

der-s wrote

Thank you. the problem is that even though both switches are in the cluster, lacp/lag config can see the ports of one switch as a link aggregation. I can not configure both switchs.

If you haven't the Commander Switch, you still need to configure the switches respectively.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:generate cluster fails
2018-12-27 08:47:55

Thank you. then I am not able to put the link aggregation over two ports of the two switch? Example: Switch 1 Port 8 + Switch 2 Port 8 = Trunk 1

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:generate cluster fails
2019-01-04 06:00:57

der-s wrote

Thank you. then I am not able to put the link aggregation over two ports of the two switch? Example: Switch 1 Port 8 + Switch 2 Port 8 = Trunk 1

Yes, you cannot put the link aggregation over two switches. Two switches are not stacked and they also do not support stack. So you only can put the link aggregation on one switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1456

Replies: 7

Related Articles