Connection issues with TL-SG108E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-15 20:44:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've recently bought a TL-SG108E for use at home. I've not done a massive amount of configuration on it beyond setting it to use DHCP to get its own IP address.

I have a home wifi router (with 4 ports), and then this switch. When I plug a device directly into the router, it gets a decent connection and I can easily ping it from from another device plugged directly into the router.

However, when I plug one of these devices into the switch, which is also plugged into the router, the connection gets very flakey. Pings will occasionally get through (more so if both sides are pinging each other), but mostly not.

Is this an issue with the configuration of the switch, the switch itself, or something else on my network?

If there's any pertinent information that I've left out that might help diagnose the issue, please do let me know.

Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection issues with TL-SG108E
2017-08-21 17:49:40
Please note the ip address of TL-SG108E and lan port of Router, they should be different.If you only connect one client and router to the switch, this issue is strange.
If you connect two PCs to this switch, these PCs ping each other, how about the result?
Options
Re:Connection issues with TL-SG108E
2021-04-29 03:53:06 - last edited 2021-04-29 03:53:47

[SOLVED -- for me]

I just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out why I was seeing this issue. Win10, latest updates (2021-04-28), just patched the firmware on my brand new TL-SG108E and after seeing it get the Static IP assigned from my router (by MAC address + DHCP on switch) I could manage the switch over WiFi but not over LAN from behind the switch. Got me for a while but found the culprit and thought others might have similar issues.

1. Control Panel > Network > LAN/Ethernet > Change Adapter Settings > IPv4 > Properties .... make sure this is all Auto/Auto (mine was)
  2. Win10 Network & Internet Settings > Ethernet > (click on it) > IP Settings > Edit (here was the culprit. even though it said it couldn't change to static IP earlier, it was now static. Flipped to Automatic and BAM!!! immediately works on all ports of the switch. ... darn Win10 oddities
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4411

Replies: 2

Related Articles