Port forwarding for VNC Remote Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-13 03:42:13
Model : CPE520

Hardware Version : v1.1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TP-LINK CPE520 running AP mode and have another (CPE520) running Managed/Client mode. Client device is configured as AP Client Router so the device has two IP addresses (one Public to comunicate with the AP and another one to comunicate with thje client's PC). I'm looking for a way to "control" (under client permission) the PC of my client (because he has few or none knowledge about computers even to connect to internet after a service loss). This can't be done (As far as I know unless the device in the middle could be able to forward the incoming traffic from the public subnet to the private subnet). I've been using PfSense and this can be done using a basic port forward set up but can I achieve this in a CPE520? I know PfSense is a firewall-based software and CPE520 is not but both are running GNU/Linux and thing can be modified in this OS to solve almost anything. Also I've noticed that CPE520 runs a lot of iptables config files (turns out port forward can be set using iptables). Now, I used Ubiquiti once and each time you make any chance in, let's say, Nanostation M2 you need to run a lot of CLI commands (using SSH) in order to make this changes persistent, otherwise your changes will be useless. Is there a guide (article) to learn how to change things in CPE devices without losing them after reboot?

PS: Yes, some people need to perform changes on the single embedded PharOS to achieve things so don't come to me (please) with things like "Get PharOS Control, it's easy". If you don't know how to do what I'm looking for please do not reply. If you don't understand what I posted here (maybe because I suck at english) then I could politely repeat again. I hope someone could point me the way to a guide of managing CPE devices through SSH (If this can be done)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 854

Replies: 0

Related Articles